A secret shared is a trust formed.A band of Bounty Hunters led by Cad Bane infiltrate the Senate and take several Senators hostage. Due to circumstances, Anakin is forced to deal with them without his lightsaber.
This episode provides examples of:
- Anachronic Order: This episode takes place after the Season 2 premiere Holocron Arc (and thus after the episode "Bounty Hunters"), which predates "Holocron Heist", the Season 2 finale Boba Fett trilogy, the Season 3 episodes"Assassin" and "Evil Plans", and is followed up by "Hunt for Ziro".
- Boom, Headshot: How Aurra Sing executes a Senate guard who survived Bane's grenade.
- Brought Down to Badass: Anakin without his lightsaber. Lampshaded by Bane:
- Bounty Hunters: Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Robonino and Shahan Alama.
- Cold Sniper: Aurra Sing.
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: Ziro the Hutt complains right after being released from prison because it's too bright out and he would have preferred the breakout to have occurred at night.
- Continuity Nod:Anakin: When I finished my lightsaber, Obi-Wan told me: "This weapon is your life."
- Department of Redundancy Department:Speaker: Attention! Attention! This is a restricted area! No landing is permitted, without permission!
- Die Hard In the Galactic Senate: Anakin channels John McClane when he's forced to deal with the invading bounty hunters without his lightsaber.
- Dramatic Irony: This show has plenty of it under normal circumstances, but the fact that Cad Bane has worked for Darth Sidious before gives the scene where Bane issues his demands to Palpatine a particular level of irony.
- Funny Background Event: When Ziro is brought out of the prison and is complaining about the sunlight, one of the escorting clones can be heard uttering a disbelieving "Oh my god!" under his breath.
- I Lied: After escaping, Cad Bane blows up the hall where he has trapped the Senators, despite claiming that he wouldn't if no one attempted to stop them.
- Insert Grenade Here: Subverted. Cad Bane throws a "cooked" grenade after the Senate guards who have just entered the lobby after their shift.
- In the Back: Cad Bane kills a senator who attempts to walk out by offhandedly shooting him in the back.
- Jedi Mind Trick: Anakin uses a nonverbal one on Shahan Alama so he thinks he needs to search another floor.
- Neck Snap: How Cad Bane kills the captain of the Senate guards.
- Prisoner Exchange: Bane's plan is to capture a number of Senators and cut the Senate building off the communication lines, to force Chancellor Palpatine to order the release of Ziro the Hutt. It works perfectly.
- Visual Innuendo: Anakin tries to prove his love to Padmé by giving her his lightsaber.