Recap: Star Wars The Clone Wars S 1 E 22 Hostage Crisis
A band of Bounty Hunters lead by Cad Bane infiltrate the Senate and take several Senators hostage. Due to circumstances, Anakin is forced to deal with them without his lightsaber.
This episode provides examples of:
- Anachronic Order: This episode takes place after the Season 2 premier Holocron-trilogy (2x01/02/03) (and thus after the episode Bounty Hunters (2x17), which predates the 2x01 Holocron Heist), the Season 2 finale Boba Fett-trilogy (2x20/21/22), the Season 3 episodes Assasin (3x07) and Evil Plans (3x08), and followed up by Hunt for Ziro (3x10).
- Boom, Headshot: How Aurra Sing executed a Senate guard, who survived Bane grenade.
- Brought Down to Normal: Anakin without his lightsaber. Lampshaded by Bane:
- Bounty Hunters
- Cold Sniper: Aurra Sing
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: Ziro the Hutt complained right after being released from prisone because it was too bright out and would've preferred the breakout to have occurred at night.
- Continuity Nod:Anakin: When I finished my lightsaber, Obi-Wan told me: "This weapon is your life"
- Department of Redundancy Department:Speaker: Attention! Attention! This is a restricted area! No landing is permitted, without permission!
- Die Hard In the Galactic Senate: Anakin channels Jon Mac Clane, when he's forced to deal with the invading bounty hunters, without his lightsaber.
- I Lied: After escaping, Cad Bane blew up the hall where he had trapped the Senators, despite claiming that he wouldn't if no one attempted to stop them.
- Insert Grenade Here: Subverted. Cad Bane threw a "cooked" grenade after the Senate guards who just entered the lobby after the shift.
- Neck Snap: How Cad Bane killed the captain of the Senate guards.
- Prisoner Exchange: Bane's plan was to capture a number of Senators, cut the Senate building off the communication-lines, to force Chancellor Palpatine to order the release of Ziro the Hutt. It worked perfectly.
- Talking to Himself: Corey Burton is the voice actor of both Cad Bane and Ziro.
- Visual Innuendo: Anakin tried to prove his love to Padmé by giving her his lightsaber.