Recap: Star Wars The Clone Wars S 3 E 8 Evil Plans
While Padmé is planning an important banquet, C-3PO and R2-D2 are sent on a mission to acquire the dessert.
This episode provides example of:
- A Day In The Lime Light: For C-3PO and R2-D2.
- All There in the Manual: Since Todo-360 was destroyed in 2x01 "Holocron Heist", and given the series's airing episodes in Anachronic Order, one would assume that this episode takes place before "Holocron Heist". However the episode guide revealed that this episode took place after the Season 2 premier's Holocron trilogy, and Todo was simply rebuilt by Anakin in order to gain information on Bane, but the droid escaped and returned to his master.
- Anachronic Order: This episode takes place sometime after the Season 2 premier's Holocron trilogy (2x01/02/03), directly preceded by the 3x07 "Assassin" (which means that the Season 2 finale's Boba trilogy 2x20/21/22 also predates this episode), and followed up by the Season 1 finale's "Hostage Crisis" and the arc concluding "Hunt for Ziro" (3x09).
- Breather Episode: Between the rather dark toned episodes "Assassin" and "Hunt for Ziro", but it still had some dark moments.
- Continuity Nod:
- Electric Torture: Subverted, by being used on C-3PO and Artoo, who are droids. Also the device appeared to have some sort of scanning function, as it gave access to the information in the memories of the droids.
- Fembot: The attendants of the droid maintenance bar.
- Idiot Ball: R2-D2, so clever and heroic in the movies, and assigned by Anakin specifically to keep C-3PO out of trouble, is immediately suckered by Todo-360's sales pitch, and pays no attention to Threepio's whereabouts until after his spa day is over.
- Loose Lips: C-3PO, after Bane insulted him, by claiming that he's useless, revealed that plans and schematics were never part of his programming, because it was always Artoo who handled that kind of information.
- My God, What Have I Done?: C-3PO right after his Loose Lips moment.
- Shout-Out: Senator Aang.