Move over, Tribbles. The Klingons have a new adorable furry menace to conquer!Honor of ___
is a Star Trek Online
Foundry mission series by sirboulevard
that starts with a conspiracy on Ferasa and eventually reveals a plot of divide and conquer against the Klingon Empire. The first mission of the series, "Honor of Ferasa"
, was released on December 23, 2013 and quickly earned a place as an STO Spotlight Mission in the rather rapid time of a single month (in fact, it became the spotlight mission for the 4th Aniversary, giving it publicity next to the then new featured episode "A Step Between Stars"). "Honor of Orions" was released on February 20, 2014. "Honor of the Empire" was released February 28th, 2014 and has since gained higher ratings than "Honor of Ferasa."
The story follows the player after the Ferasan Patriarchy contacts the High Council and the Romulan Republic regarding a mysterious incident involving Orions; an exiled rogue Ferasan clan, the Shiassi; and stolen biological samples from New Romulus. Along the way, the player and Ambassador S'taass find themselves trapped in a dangerous, deep, if almost comical in nature
conspiracy that threatens to destroy the Klingon Empire.
The series wildly swings on the Sliding Scale of Silliness Versus Seriousness
starting very serious, getting silly, then serious and so on until becoming deadly serious towards the end of "Honor of Orions" and staying that way through the finale.
- Adaptation Expansion: Originally, "Honor of Ferasa" was meant to be a one-shot story. The villains and supporting characters were so compelling that combined with high reviews, 2 sequels were put into planning.
- Ambadassador: S'taass and Jilia.
- The Alcoholic: S'taass.
- Badass: Practically everyone in the series.
- Big Bad: The Shiassi clan of Ferasans in general.
- Cat Folk: The Ferasans and the Caitians.
- Face Palm: A standard reaction to the mutants.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: attached to the heads of small woodland animals and cephalopods.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Mutant Epohhs and other wildlife.
- Green-Skinned Space Babe: The Orions. Melani D'ian actually hides herself as one for a private intelligence operation.
- Narm: The Epohhs.
- Narm Charm: Only the concept of Klingons fighting Fire-Breathing Epohhs actually manages to keep anyone from losing Suspension of Disbelief. And it doesn't always work.
- Not So Different: A recurring theme of the series. This is what eventually gets the Klingons to consider to stop being an oppressive empire and attempt to learn from other races.
- No Transhumanism Allowed: Zig Zagged, the Ferasans are augements, but the Shiassi take it to the next level up to including flame sacks, telekinesis, and venom sacks. The other Ferasans felt a more conservative approach is necessary.
- Rule of Cool: The series breathes this trope. If it was a Federation or Romulan mission, no one would take it seriously. Klingons fighting Fire-Breathing Epohhs and Cat-people? AWESOME.
- Scenery Porn: Ferasa, Club Quv Bel, and the Qo'Nos Coffee Shop.
- Shameful Strip: Part of (unseen) Ferasan exiles' punishment. Individuals are left with nothing but their bodies alive and unharmed.
- Sliding Scale of Silliness Versus Seriousness: Zig Zagged.
- Supporting Protagonist: Ambassador S'taass, to make up for the Gorn not having a dedicated episode to themselves. Instead, S'taass helps paves the way for the Ferasans and the other vassal races to earn membership on the High Council.
- What the Hell, Hero?: All over the place.
"Honor of Ferasa" Tropes
- A Day In The Lime Light: For the Ferasans, who have yet to get any screentime devoted to them in the main game.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The Ferasan the player speaks with at the sign-in desk speaks of one botched augmentation attempt where a Ferasan grew big enough to use a shuttlecraft as a makeshift club.
- Evil Plan: Use genetically modified pets from New Romulus to create a mutant army. In a rare case, its valid.
- Not So Different: Its made clear early on that the Ferasan clans behave similarly to the Klingon Great Houses. However, they can be just as sneaky as Romulans due to their Felinoid nature.
- Scenery Porn: Ferasa's capitol city is a very well redressed Defera map. Also notable in that its mostly seen out of windows.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The Orion ambassador has this reaction when accused of being a Syndicate spy during the conference.
- What the Hell, Hero?:
- The Ferasans gave one of these to the Shiassi clan. Eventually they were thrown into exile with no supplies.
- Ferasan players can give an epic one to Zekah the Depraved about how the Ferasans are doing much better thanks to the KDF.
- Subverted with the speech that the player, Jilia and S'taass give to the Shiassi Patriarch. They think he's stoned for coming up with this plan.
"Honor of Orions" Tropes
"Honor of the Empire" Tropes
- Ambadassador: S'taass, Slathis, K'Dhan, Melani D'ian...
- Big Good: J'mpok, Melani D'ian, King Slathis, Rusizth and the other members of the Klingon High Council.
- Call Back: Several.
- The revamped KDF tutorial is called back to by Worf and Warden Gazzan
- Commander Nin'yan was minor character in Sphere of Influence.
- Much of the player character's career is referenced.
- Niaru's backstory regarding her exile comes back to haunt her when captured by Shiassi telepaths.
- Ambassador S'taass' Reason You Suck Speech is filled with them, many quotes by Worf or other Klingons.
- The mission opens mere days after Honor of Orions and is heavily built up on it.
- Final Battle: Occurs in the Klingon Great Hall.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Not a traditional example, but S'taass gives this as his reason for standing up to J'mpok and the Klingons.
- Not so Fast, Bucko!: S'taass taking advantage of the situation to give non-Klingons equal rights.
- Oh Crap: "Sir, that wasn't the Ambassador's ship! It was a hologram masking a gravetic mine. We're disabled!"
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Not given to the villian. Given to the KLINGONS by S'taass!
- Standard Starship Scuffle: Over Qo'noS no less!