Recap: Spongebob Squarepants S 2 E 6 Grandmas Kisses Squidville
After Squidward and the other Krusty Krab patrons mock SpongeBob when his grandmother kisses him on the forehead, he goes to Patrick to teach him to act mature. But how long will it last before they enjoy Grandma SquarePants's hospitality?
- All of the Other Reindeer: Squidward and the other citizens who cruelly mock Spongebob's kissy mark.
- An Aesop: Just because you're an adult doesn't mean you still can't enjoy being "kiddie" around your loved ones.
- Answer Cut: "Have I ever not been right?'' Followed by a montage of paintings show that, indeed, he has. Many times.
- Break the Cutie: When SpongeBob is mocked for the kissy mark on his forehead, and again when he can't stand being "mature" anymore.
- Covered in Kisses: Everyone makes fun of SpongeBob for the big kissy mark on his forehead. His attempt to get it off with a mop doesn't work.
- Growing Up Sucks: Patrick and SpongeBob come to this conclusion from spending time with Grandma SquarePants.
- Karma Houdini: Squidward and the other Bikini Bottomites don't get anything in return for making fun of SpongeBob for loving his grandma, with the final scene being everyone laughing at their heartwarming hug.
- Ocular Gushers: SpongeBob does this when he breaks down in his grandma's house. Soon, his tears flood the whole house, leading Grandma to pull out a plug in the floor to drain the tears away.
- Vacuum Mouth: Patrick eats an entire plate of cookies this way.
Squidward finally has enough with SpongeBob and Patrick and decides to move away to the squid-populated Tentacle Acres. He enjoys it at first, but soon snaps from the lack of excitement.
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: Canned bread is a real product.
- Boredom Montage: Provides the page image.
- Breath Weapon: Patrick's stink breath knocks the guards unconscious.
- Can't Live with Them, Can't Live without Them
- Exact Words: Squidward's very specific description of how much he's had it with Spongebob's antics after his house gets destroyed. Again.
Squidward: "Spongebob, this is the final straw. I will be able to move so far away, that I will be able to brag about it! I would rather tear out my brain stem, run into the nearest four way intersection and skip rope with it than continue living where I do now!"
(Television falls in front of them and turns on)
TV Spokesman: Hi there! Is this the final straw? Do you want to move so far away that you will be able to brag about it? Would you rather tear out your brain stem, run into the nearest three way-"
Squidward: Four way!
: "...four way
intersection than continue living where you do now?"
- Fantastic Racism: When Spongebob and Patrick try to get into Tentacle Acres, a guard tells them "(their) kind isn't welcome (there)".
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Squidward removes two other squid's facial features in the reef blower, then puts two sets of eyes on one and two noses on the other.
Squid With Two Noses: What are you looking at?
Squid With Four Sets of Eyes: Those.
- Hate at First Sight: As Squidward enters Tentacle Acres, he bumps into another squid and the two get into a brief argument.
- Ironic Echo: Squidward's aurgement with SpongeBob is spoken again between Squidward and another squid, including the line "How could you possibly have fun with one of those oversized hairdryers?"
- Insult Backfire: "FYI, you don't have to live here!" "Hey, you're right! And I'm leaving ASAP!!"
- Letting the Air out of the Band: The music that plays during the montage slows down as Squidward becomes more and more bored.
- Planet of Hats: Tentacle Acres.
- Reaching Between the Lines: SpongeBob and Patrick are at the Tentacle Acres gate, asking to be let in. Patrick's bad fried oyster skin breath goes through the intercom, knocking out the guards, one of whom falls on the button that opens the gate.