- All of the Other Reindeer: Squidward and the other citizens who cruelly mock Spongebob's kissy mark.
- An Aesop: Just because you're an adult doesn't mean you still can't enjoy being "kiddie" around your loved ones.
- Answer Cut: "Have I ever not been right?'' Followed by a montage of paintings show that, indeed, he has. Many times. What was shown?
- Break the Cutie: When SpongeBob is mocked for the kissy mark on his forehead, and again when he can't stand being "mature" anymore.
- Covered in Kisses: Everyone makes fun of SpongeBob for the big kissy mark on his forehead. His attempt to get it off with a mop doesn't work.
- Growing Up Sucks: Patrick and SpongeBob come to this conclusion from spending time with Grandma SquarePants.
- Not Growing Up Sucks: It's this mentality that kicks off the episode.
- Karma Houdini: Squidward and the other Bikini Bottomites don't get anything in return for making fun of SpongeBob for loving his grandma, with the final scene being everyone laughing at their heartwarming hug.
- Large Ham: Tom Kenny goes all out with Spongebob's "Growing Up Sucks" rant at the end and it's simultaneously hilarious and really sad.
- Ocular Gushers: SpongeBob does this when he breaks down in his Grandma's house. Soon, his tears flood the whole house, leading Grandma to pull out a plug in the floor to drain the tears away.
- Vacuum Mouth: Patrick eats an entire plate of cookies this way.
SquidvilleSquidward finally has enough with SpongeBob and Patrick and decides to move away to the squid-populated Tentacle Acres. He enjoys it at first, but will the duo's absence cause him to snap from boredom?
- Aluminum Christmas Trees: Canned bread is a real product.
- Apology Gift: SpongeBob and Patrick went to find Squidward and give him a cake in which the word "sorry" was engraved on with frosting to make up for destroying his house, although they never really done it since both are confused on which Squidward-like characters is the real Squidward.
- Boredom Montage: Provides the page image.
- Breath Weapon: Patrick's stink breath knocks the guards unconscious.Patrick: I love fried oyster skins!.
- Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them: Squidward realizes this as he gets bored of Tentacle Acres.Squidward: *glumly* Yep, this is great. They might as well rename this town "Squidward's Paradise." Or perhaps too much paradise.
- Exact Words: Squidward's very specific description of how much he's had it with Spongebob's antics after his house gets destroyed. Again.Squidward: Spongebob, this is the final straw. I am going to move so far away, that I will be able to brag about it! I would rather tear out my brain stem, run into the nearest four way intersection, and skip rope with it, than continue living where I do now!(Television falls in front of them and turns on)TV Spokesman: Hi there! Is this the final straw? Do you want to move so far away that you will be able to brag about it? Would you rather tear out your brain stem, run into the nearest three way-"Squidward: Four way!TV Spokesman: "...four way intersection, and skip rope with it, than continue living where you do now?"
- Fantastic Racism: When Spongebob and Patrick try to get into Tentacle Acres, a guard tells them "[their] kind isn't welcome [there]".
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Squidward removes two other squid's facial features in the reef blower, then puts two sets of eyes on one and two noses on the other.Squid With Two Noses: What are you looking at?Squid With Four Eyes: Those.
- Hate at First Sight: As Squidward enters Tentacle Acres, he bumps into another squid and the two get into a brief argument. Squidward takes it as a sign that this is where he truly belongs.
- Ironic Echo: Squidward's argument with SpongeBob is spoken again between Squidward and another squid, including the line "How could you possibly have fun with one of those oversized hairdryers?"
- Insult Backfire: "FYI, you don't have to live here!" "Hey, you're right! And I'm leaving ASAP!!"
- Letting the Air Out of the Band: The music that plays during the montage slows down as Squidward becomes more and more bored.
- Mistaken from Behind: When SpongeBob and Patrick are trying to find Squidward in the Squidville mob, Spongebob (and the audience) sees an octopus who looks like Squidward from behind, since he's wearing the same brown shirt that Squidward usually wears. But when SpongeBob embraces him, we see his face and he has heavy eyebrows and a big black mustache.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Squidward becomes so bored with Tentacle Acres that he ends up having fun with a reef blower just as SpongeBob and Patrick did in the beginning. By the end, SpongeBob and Patrick fail to recognize him as they watch him fly out of the town using said blower, mainly because he was laughing and shouting maniacally while doing so.
- Planet of Hats: Tentacle Acres.
- Reaching Between the Lines: SpongeBob and Patrick are at the Tentacle Acres gate, asking to be let in. Patrick's bad fried oyster skin breath goes through the intercom, knocking out the guards, one of whom falls on the button that opens the gate.