When Mr. Garrison takes time off from school to get a nose job, a substitute named Ms. Ellen is called in to teach the class — and Wendy worries that she has her eyes on Stan.
"Tom's Rhinoplasty" contains examples of:
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: Wendy and the Iraqis speak a mock version of the country's language.
- Big "NO!": Wendy lets several of these out when Mr. Garrison quits, Ms. Ellen becomes her permanent teacher and when she hears her grandmother died.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Just because Wendy was jealous, she gets Ms. Ellen fired into the sun.
- Karma Houdini: Wendy gets no comeuppance for killing Ms. Ellen.
- Medium Blending: Mr. Garrison's new face is a real photo of David Hasselhoff's head.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Basically what happens in the finalized version of the plot.
- Not Helping Your CaseKyle: Yeah, you're acting like a freak, Wendy.Wendy: NO I'M NOT ACTING LIKE A FREEEEAK!!!
- Poor Communication Kills: If Wendy had been there to hear Chef tell the boys Ms. Ellen was a lesbian, the whole mess could have been avoided.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: "Don't. Fuck. With. Wendy. TESTABURGER."
- Principal Victoria tells Wendy that her grandmother died.
- Take That!: When Mr. Garrison is recovering from his operation, he gets nauseaus as the doctor describes the condition in graphic detail. What gets him to vomit is when he asks him if he's seen Contact.Mr. Garrison: I sat through that entire movie to see the alien and it was her goddamn father.