February 11, 1998
When Mr. Garrison takes time off from school to get a nose job, a substitute named Ms. Ellen is called in to teach the class — and Wendy worries that she has her eyes on Stan.
"Tom's Rhinoplasty" contains examples of:
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: Wendy and the Iraqis speak a mock version of the country's language.
- Big "NO!": Wendy lets several of these out when Mr. Garrison quits, Ms. Ellen becomes her permanent teacher and when she hears her grandmother died.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Just because Wendy was jealous, she gets Ms. Ellen fired into the sun.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Although it's possibly an animation error (the animators not realizing the student was meant to be a girl), Annie note joins the male students in displaying a lovesick expression at Ms. Ellen.
- Executive Meddling, Bowdlerization, Censor Decoy, and What Could Have Been: Wendy's lie about spotting Ms. Ellen having diarrhea that smells worse than a dead cat rotting in the hot sun was originally supposed to be referring to a yeast infection. The Comedy Central censors told Trey and Matt to change the "yeast infection" line into something less offensive, and apparently, diarrhea is slightly better than a yeast infection.
- Karma Houdini: Wendy gets no comeuppance for killing Ms. Ellen.
- Medium Blending: Mr. Garrison's new face is a real photo of David Hasselhoff's head.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Basically what happens in the finalized version of the plot.
- Not Helping Your Case
Kyle: Yeah, you're acting like a freak, Wendy.
Wendy: NO I'M NOT ACTING LIKE A FREEEEAK!!!
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: "Don't. Fuck. With. Wendy. TESTABURGER."
- Take That: When Mr. Garrison is recovering from his operation, he gets nauseaus as the doctor describes the condition in graphic detail. What gets him to vomit is when he asks him if he's seen Contact.
Mr. Garrison: Sat through that entire movie to see the alien and it was her goddamn father.
- What Could Have Been: The episode was originally meant to just end with Ms. Ellen actually being a spy and winding up shot into the sun. As the ending seemed too much of a downer that way, the creators decided to tack on the final bit with Wendy being revealed to have planned Ms. Ellen's kidnapping and death (to the horror of Kyle). These changes were implemented only a few days before the episode was broadcast.