A new kid in school turns out to be the son of Satan, but that doesn't stop the other kids from picking on him. Meanwhile, everyone passes up Cartman's birthday party for a boxing match between Jesus Christ and the Devil.
- Baleful Polymorph: Damien turns Kenny into a duck-billed platypus.
- Early Installment Weirdness:
- Butters appears as a nameless student that most audibly screams in a feminine voice.
- This is one of very few occasions in the show when Satan is shown acting as an outright villainous character, albeit while enacting a scheme that falls very much on the Evil Is Petty side.
- Easily Forgiven: Jesus forgives the adults for turning their backs on him because, after all, he's Jesus.
- Freak Out!: In exchange for attending his party, Cartman demanded the other kids follow his present guideline to the letter. Kyle, however, got him Ants In The Pants because the stores were out of Red Mega Mans.Cartman: YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO GET ME THE RED MEGA MAN, EH! NOW I CAN'T MAKE THE ULTRA MEGA MEGA MAN, YOU DIRTY CHEAP-ASS PIECE OF CRAP!
Kyle: They were all out of 'em dude!
Cartman: I HATE YOU! I WANT YOU TO DIE! DIE!! That's it! Party is over! Everybody go home!
- Generation Xerox: Bill and Fosse's fathers are shown briefly, and look and act just like their sons, right down to the "that's gay!" catchphrase.
- Hypocritical Humor: When Jesus calls out the townspeople for changing their bets to Satan winning, Father Maxi condemns them all for turning their backs on their savior. Jesus then points out that he knows Maxi changed his bet to.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Damien.
- I Warned You: Jesus warned everyone not to bet on Satan. They did anyway and suffered for it.
- Mythology Gag: During Satan and Jesus' boxing match, the public starts cheering for Satan, but stop when Jesus gives them a stern look. The exact same gag appeared in the original The Spirit of Christmas short, with Santa Claus in place of Satan.
- Off-Model: Token becomes white for a frame (when Jimbo insists that platypus Kenny is "coming right for us!"). The "white Token" blooper can be seen at other points in season 1, sometimes with the white version as a separate character model even alongside Token.
- Shout-Out: Stan tries to inspire Jesus by telling him "You know, somebody once said. 'Don't try to be a great man, just be a man'" and then saying it was Jesus who said it.Kyle: Did Jesus really say that?
Stan: Nah, I saw it on Star Trek.
- They Killed Kenny Again: "Ned, look! There's a rare duck-billed platypus! I-it's comin' right for us!"
- Throwing the Fight: What Satan does. He knew the townspeople would bet on him because he's the larger and more muscular of the two, so while everyone else changed their bets, he secretly bet on Jesus to win. He drags out the fight until Jesus finally throws a punch and immediately takes a dive. He proceeds to mock the townspeople for falling for this trick.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Jesus calling out of the townspeople for betting on Satan to win.