February 4, 1998
A new kid in school turns out to be the son of Satan, but that doesn't stop the other kids from picking on him. Meanwhile, everyone passes up Cartman's birthday party for a boxing match between Jesus Christ and the Devil.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: Butters appears as a nameless student note that most audibly screams with Jennifer Howell's voice, rather than Matt Stone's. Meanwhile, the red-haired girl cries out "Aagh, Bebe!" in a muffled voice like Kenny's. Token also screams, but in Matt Stone's voice as well (as Adrien Beard would not voice the character until season 4).
- Executive Meddling: Cartman's "Mega Men" toys were originally Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers in the script, but Comedy Central's legal team asked that the references be dropped (due to copyright issues).
- Generation Xerox: Bill and Fosse's fathers are shown briefly, and look and act just like their sons, right down to the "That's gay!" catchphrase.
- Off Model: Token becomes white for a frame (when Jimbo insists that platypus Kenny is "Coming right for us!"). The "white Token" blooper can be seen at other points in season 1, sometimes with the white version as a separate character model even alongside Token.
- The Other Marty: Damien was originally voiced by Mike Judge, but as the script wound up continuously revised, he became unable to regularly commute out to California to re-record his dialogue. Matt Stone took over the role and recorded the lines Judge had previously voiced, as well as the new and added dialogue. Judge's take on Damien has never been made public, and it's unknown if any of the recordings survived in any format.
- What Could Have Been: This episode was meant to be the Christmas special, but was delayed due to rewritesnote . As a reference to the original intent, Mr. Hankey appears as one of the objects flung about in the cafeteria scene.
- Pip was originally meant to die when Damien turned him into fireworks, but the creators realized they'd need him to help fill out classroom scenes with the students, so he was spared. They'd eventually kill him off in 201.