The boys go on an archaeology trip and Cartman finds an odd triangle that turns out to be an artifact needed to turn Barbra Streisand into a metal Godzilla-like monster.
"Mecha Streisand has the following examples:
- Author Avatar: The fact that Kyle says that "Disintegration is the best album ever!" should be understood as the opinion of Matt Stone, who voices Kyle and is known as a huge fan of The Cure.
- Big Damn Heroes: Robert Smith of The Cure defeats Barbra Streisand and saves the world.
- Butt Monkey: Pip. He finds an arrowhead and Cartman Roshambos him for it and then throws it aside since he claims he didn't really want it.
- Continuity Nod: The town being destroyed before is mentioned by a news reporter, right before being destroyed again by Mecha Streisand.
- Groin Attack: What the Roshambo is. Two guys kick each other in the nuts until one of them can't stand up. Cartman does it to Pip and Robert Smith does it to Cartman.
- Hell Is That Noise: The Boys' reaction to Barbra Streisand's singing.
- Not Zilla: Barbra Streisand is obviously changing into the Mechagodzilla from Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, but this is never pointed out by the other characters.
- One-Winged Angel: Barbra Streisand uses the completed Triangle of Zinthar to turn into Mecha Streisand and go on a rampage. Leonard Maltin, Sidney Poitier and Robert Smith transform as well.
- Pet the Dog: Mecha Streisand stops her rampage in South Park to sign an autograph for Sheila, aka Kyle's mom.
- Running Gag: A Japanese man singing in Engrish due to celebrities transforming and fighting.
- Take That: The entire episode is one to Barbra Streisand, since she's the one celebrity that Matt and Trey genuinely hate instead of just poking fun at her like they do with other celebrities.
- Reality Subtext: Their hatred of her was due to her criticizing the people of Colorado over an anti-gay amendment, which they felt she had no business with, despite being pro-gay activists themselves. Which says a lot about how much they hate her.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Kenny narrowly avoids being stomped by Mecha-Streisand, only to get himself strangled playing tetherball.
- Unusual Euphemism: The act of kicking someone in the nuts is called Roshambonote .
- Would Hurt a Child: Barbara Streisand picks up Kyle and strangles him for information on the Triangle of Zinthar and then later kidnaps and tortures all of them for information with medieval torture methods and then by using her voice on them.