Recap: South Park S 1 E 12 Mecha Streisand
The boys go on an archaeology trip and Cartman finds an odd triangle that turns out to be an artifact needed to turn Barbra Streisand into a metal Godzilla-like monster.
"Mecha Streisand has the following examples:
- Big Damn Heroes: Robert Smith of the Cure.
- Butt Monkey: Pip. He finds an arrowhead and Cartman Roshambos him for it and then throws it aside since he claims he didn't really want it.
- Continuity Nod: The town being destroyed before is mentioned by a news reporter, right before being destroyed again by Mecha Streisand.
- Groin Attack: What the Roshambo is. Two guys kick each other in the nuts until one of them can't stand up. Cartman does it to Pip and Robert Smith of the Cure does it to Cartman.
- Hell Is That Noise: The Boys' reaction to Barbra Streisand's singing.
- One-Winged Angel: Barbra Streisand uses the completed Triangle of Zinthar to turn into Mecha Streisand and go on a rampage. Leonard Maltin, Sidney Poitier and Robert Smith transform as well.
- Pet the Dog: Mecha Streisand stops her rampage in South Park to sign an autograph for Sheila, aka Kyle's mom.
- Running Gag: A Japanese man singing in Engrish due to celebrities transforming and fighting.
- Shout-Out: The entire episode is a Shout-Out to Japanese shows like Ultraman.
- Take That: The entire episode is one to Barbra Streisand, since she's the one celebrity that Matt and Trey genuinely hate instead of just poking fun at her like they do with other celebrities.
- Reality Subtext: Their hatred of her was due to her criticizing the people of Colorado over an anti-gay amendment.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Kenny narrowly avoids being stomped by Mecha-Streisand, only to get himself strangled playing tetherball.
- Unusual Euphemism: The act of kicking someone in the nuts is called Roshambonote .