Recap: Renand Stimpy1x 06 Black Hole Stimpys Invention
Black HoleCommander Hoek and Cadet Stimpy are sucked into a black hole and as they look for a way out, loads of bizarre things happen to them.Stimpy's InventionStimpy wants to try out each of his new inventions on Ren, and after his "Stay Put Socks" work a little too well, decides that he needs to make Ren happy...
Black Hole contains examples of...
- Acid Trip Dimension
- Body Horror: Something in the black hole is making Commander Hoek and the Cadet mutate into bizzare creatures.
- Everything Explodes Ending: Or rather, Everyone Implodes Ending.
- Nothing Left to Do but Die: Facing a slow death by mutation in an inhospitable dimension, our heroes decide to implode themselves.
Stimpy's Invention contains examples of...
- Bowdlerization: Some of Ren's crazy poses didn't make it into the cartoon if it was going to be made at all. Shame; those poses are hilarious.
- Curse Cut Short: "YOUUU SICK LEETLE MONKEY! WHY I OUGHTA-!"
- Butt Monkey: Ren is more of one than usual.
- Evil Laugh: Stimpy, while not exactly evil, does some pretty scary laughing as he's trying out the helmet.
- Fighting from the Inside: Ren tries to fight the power of the Happy Helmet. Eventually he manages to get enough control to get a hammer and destroy the helmet.
- Getting Smilies Painted on Your Soul: "It's the Happy Helmet, Ren. Now you'll always be happy!"
- Genius Ditz/ Mad Scientist: Stimpy, of course!
- I'll Kill You!: "You filthy swine! I will KEEL YOU!!
- Laughing Mad: From both Ren and Stimpy.
- Lyrical Dissonance: The spoken word sections of "Happy Happy Joy Joy" become more and more distressing.The little critters of nature. They don't know that they're ugly. That's pretty funny, a flea marrying a bumblebee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me! WHY DIDN'T YOU BELIEVE ME?!
- Marionette Motion: Ren's movements under the helmet are funny and scary at the same time.
- Mind-Control Device: The Happy Helmet.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Turns out being angry is what makes Ren happy.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Stinky Wizzleteats, the singer of the "Happy Happy Joy Joy!" song, is based on folk singer and actor Burl Ives. The increasingly disturbing lines from the song are taken from Ives' role in The Big Country.
- John K. had actually wanted Ives for the role, but he wasn't available and so John stepped in instead. Ives later remarked he'd liked to have been on the show.
- Stepford Smiler: Ren has a tortured smile on his face while under the effect of the Happy Helmet.
- Universal Translator: One of Stimpy's inventions is the Cheesophone, which lets one communicate to cheeses, regardless of their foreign tongue. "Go ahead, Ren. Say something in Limburger.