Creator: Carbunkle Cartoons
Carbunkle Cartoons is a Canadian animation studio.Headed by Bob Jaques and Kelly Armstrong, Carbunkle is well known among the animation community as having some of the best animation since The Golden Age of Animation (like with TMS Entertainment, Studio Ghibli, Startoons and studios founded by Ex-TMS staff members like Disney Japan and Spectrum).Lately, Bob Jaques has left the company for Mercury Filmworks. There, he is a studio director. He is also currently the animation director of Uncle Grandpa.
Works produced by Carbunkle Cartoons:
- The Ren & Stimpy Show - The company's most well known work. They did several episodes during the Spümcø era with Fil-Cartoons, Lacewood Productions (another Canadian animation studio), Bon Art, Rough Draft Studios and Metrolight Studiosnote .
- The Baby Huey Show - 1st season only
- Tales of Worm Paranoia - A short for the What A Cartoon! Show, produced with Kennedy Cartoons.
- The Ripping Friends - Ink and paint was sent off to PiP Animation Services.
- Ren And Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon - Likewise had ink and paint sent off to PiP. Also animated in collaboration with Big Star.
- The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack - Sheet timing on the show's first season.
- The Haunted World of El Superbeasto - Also with Big Star.
Tropes associated with Carbunkle Cartoons:
- Animation Bump: Possibly one of the most popular cases of this tropes.
- Deranged Animation: In most of their works.
- Off Model: These guys milked this trope for all its worth. This, in return, made the animation even better.