Recap: Person Of Interest S 02 E 15
Season 2, Episode 15:
"The things people try to get away with in hotels."Reese and Finch go undercover to protect a hotel maid and find more suspects than they can cover after they realize that any of the guests or staff members could be the potential perpetrator. In the meantime, Carter is once again faced with a significant offer from the FBI and Hersh has gotten out of Rikers and is back on Reese's trail again.
— Zoe Morgan
Tropes present in this episode include:
- Arbitrarily Large Bank Account: Finch ends up buying the hotel and promoting Mira to manager because he thought it needed better management.
- Almighty Janitor: Mira, she actually keeps the hotel running while her Smug Snake superiors run their prostitution ring on the side.
- Big Damn Heroes: Lionel Fusco Took a Level in Badass when he took out two trained killers on his own!
- *Click* Hello: How Hersh introduces himself to Reese.
- Continuity Nod / Call Back: Several.
- Finch suggests a couple eat at "The Grand", the restaurant from "Triggerman", because they have the best ribeye steak in town.
- Zoe mentions that she hasn't seen John since the 'divorce' in "High Road".
- Hersh mentions that it took him longer than he expected to get out of Rikers.
- Elevator Action Sequence
- Improvised Weapon: Reese throws a frying pan at Hersh while they're fighting in the kitchen. And then they both grab kitchen knives instead.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: Hersh tries to do this with Reese but then they get into a fight.
- Jerkass: The hotel manager. Before they're even halfway through the episode, Reese is openly hoping that he'll turn out to be the perpetrator so he'll have an excuse to beat him down. He does get an opportunity to deck him before the episode's out.
- Male Gaze: When Pennsylvania's sexy secretary (Root) walks into the office, the camera shows only her rather large behind at first.
- Noodle Incident: We never find out what work Zoe was doing at the hotel. All we know is that it had something to do with a convention the hotel was hosting that had absolutely nothing to do with Team Machine's case.
- Not Named in Opening Credits: Amy Acker.
- Not So Different: Reese and Hersh are both government trained assassins who are better skilled at executing orders than giving them. Lampshaded by Hersh, although Reese proves he's no longer the same kind of killer that Hersh is when he spares Hersh's life.
- The One Who Made It Out: Mira.
- Rogues Gallery Showcase: The A-plot may just be another villain of the week, but the B-plot features the Machine Conspiracy trying to track down Reese, and the ending reveals that the leader of the Machine Conspiracy's new secretary is Root.
- Sexy Secretary: Pennsylvania Two has one. Oh yeah, it's Root.
- Ship Tease: At the end, John invites Zoe to spend a night with him at the hotel.
- Shout-Out: to The PrisonerHersh: Who do you work for?Reese: That would be telling.
- Theme Naming: Root's latest alias is "Miss May," after British computer scientist David May.
- Tomato Surprise: Hello Root. Nice to see you got a job working at the Office of Special Counsel.
- Working Title: "Turndown Service"