Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 10 E 08 Final Justice
Film watched: Final Justice
- Servo asks why is it that an owner of a lonely heart is much better than a owner of a broken heart and not something else.
- Pearl tries her hand at adding humor to Castle Forrester for better efficiency when she takes over the world.
- Mike and the Bots complain to Pearl about the lack of continuity of today's experiment. They do so by reusing the same shot. She promises not the send more films like today's ever again.
- Crow and Servo think that Goosio, friend to all Maltese children, is something Mike made up as a trick. It turns out that Goosio was sent sent by Malta to the Satellite as a goodwill ambassador.
- Crow presents his report on Malta, the geography, history, economy and how their men are wimps.
- Fed up by the film, Mike walks out the theater and tries to escape the Satellite, like Joel. Crow and Servo try to reassure him that everything's going to be okay. Meanwhile, it's funny dress up day at Castle Forrester, but Brain Guy is preparing for his date.
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation includes these tropes:
- Ambiguously Gay: Observer is dressed as a drummernote - and it has nothing to do with Wacky Dress Up Day - he just has a date.
- Angst Dissonance: Invoked while Palermo calls out to Tony following Geronimo's gunning him down. The gang hilariously mock him with sniveling whining.
- Big Eater: While Geronimo's size if nothing else certainly implies this, the riffing on it takes it to new heights - culminating in Crow and Servo singing about how Geronimo will steal your lunch over the credits.
- Everyone Has Standards: By the credits song, Mike thinks they've overdone the food jokes in relation to Joe Don Baker and leaves in disgust.
- Call Back: PACKERS!!!!
- Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys: Crow accuses Maltese men of being this.
- Continuity Nod: Joe Don Baker is the star of Mitchell. Never forget that.
- Mike tries to re-enact Joel's escape from the Mitchell episode — he convinces himself that he's due after surviving a bad Joe Don Baker movie.
- Curse Cut Short: "You son of a-"
- Evil Counterpart: Servo at one point identifies a mafioso who could only be Geronimo's evil twin - "Giuseppe Don Baker" if you will.
- Fetish Retardant: Invoked when Geronimo seeks information from a prostitute:Geronimo: "Excuse me..."Crow: (as prostitute) "Not for any price."
- Gasshole: All three riffers turn Joe Don into one, but special mention has to go to Servo; Kevin Murphy has a gift for phony belching.
- God Is Dead: Palermo tries to evade Geronimo by dressing in a priest's robe, but gets pestered by a woman seeking a confession.Crow: "God is dead. We're closed."
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: In one of the host segments, Mike does the same pratfall over and over again while the bots are talking to Pearl in reference to a shot of a man sliding down the wall at the beginning of the movie being blatantly used twice during a gunfight scene.
- I'll Kill You!: "But I won't curse you!"
- Infodump: Related to Call Back:Servo: I'm sorry buddy, but you're not going anywhere.
Mike: But I just suffered through a really bad Joe Don Baker movie!
Servo: Unrelated, Mike, sorry. You see, Gypsy sent Joel back to Earth in an escape pod she hid in a box of Hamdingers.
Servo: There are no more escape pods, Mike!
Crow: You do know that you're sitting in the water heater, doncha?
Mike: Yeah, I know.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Servo claims there's no more escape pods - but two years before they played with and destroyed three escape rocket ships.
- Overly Long Gag: "Mike's tripping!"
- Overly Narrow Superlative: "Okay! I promise I will never send another bad movie with Joe Don Baker in which a dark-haired sheriff in a small role gets shot and slides down a wall twice!"
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Goosio, the official mascot of Malta. The Bots think he's just something Mike made and brutally beat him. Turns out it was the real Goosio, who came to the SOL as a goodwill ambassador."Don't tell the Maltese."
- Running Gag: The movie had a lot of swearing, so it had to be edited for the show. This resulted in a lot of silence gaps, so Mike and the bots naturally called attention to sentences that ended abruptly.
- Fat jokes.
- Take That: There are a couple of gags aimed at the then-famously unstable Italian national government.Servo (As Tony is gunned down): In the time it takes for him to fall, the Italian government changes three times.
- Joe Don Baker had already pissed off Best Brains with his less-than-flattering response to their riffing of Mitchell. Final Justice allowed the writers to attack back in full force (see With Lyrics).
- What the Hell, Hero?: Goosio! Nooooo!
- Geronimo winning by being Combat Pragmatist earned this reaction.Servo: Our hero: a big, stinky cheater!
- Geronimo winning by being Combat Pragmatist earned this reaction.
- With Lyrics: The closing credits music. ("Meatballs fried in laa-aard!")