Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 08 E 18 Devil Doll
Film watched: Devil Doll
The MST3K treatment provides examples of:
- And Now For Something Completely Different: Servo sits through the last portion of the movie in the form of a delicious apple Toaster Strudel.
- Becoming the Mask: "DEBBIIIIIIEEEEEE!"
- Big "WHAT?!": Crow tries to make a deal with Pitch for a devil dolls and later soul transference. In the end, he also dresses a sleeping Mike up like Hugo and constructs a cage around him, while he acts like Vorelli. When Mike questions these acts and tries to stop him, Crow has this reaction.
- Call Back: Pitch from Santa Claus (1959) reappears, trying to sell the Satellite of Love crew devil dolls, and eventually he teaches them how to perform the soul transference techniques from the movie.
- Comically Missing the Point:Mike: Crow! How could you make a deal with the Devil?!Crow: At prices like these, how could I not?
- Crowd Chant: As the audience applauds at the conclusion of Vorelli's show and the performers take a final bow.Mike and the 'bots: Hugo! Hugo! Hugo! BUTT LADY! BUTT LADY! BUTT LADY!
- Deal with the Devil: Pitch returns to offer Crow the power of soul transference. After Mike talks him out of a deal for literal dolls.
- Fan Nickname: There is no Magda. Only "Butt Lady".
- Hypocritical Humor:Crow: Puppets. Hate 'em.
- Insistent Terminology: Pitch reminds Mike that he is a devil, not the Devil.
- Oh, Crap: During Hugo's attack on Vorelli, Mike remembers that he once gave his niece a devil doll.
- Paranoia Fuel: In-Universe:Crow: (as Hugo threatens Vorelli with a knife) Look familiar, Mike?Servo: It may. Soon.Crow: Heh-heh-heh-heh.Mike: (chuckles nervously)
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Servo's Toaster Strudel form.
- Running Gag: Magda's partially exposed rear comes up every time she appears on screen after that portion of her outfit (or lack of?) is revealed.
- Shout-Out: Pitch is ''a'' devil, not ''the'' Devil.