Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 08 E 18 Devil Doll
Film watched: Devil Doll
The MST3K treatment provides examples of:
- And Now For Something Completely Different: Servo sits through the last portion of the movie in the form of a delicious apple Toaster Strudel.
- Becoming the Mask: "DEBBIIIIIIEEEEEE!"
- Big "WHAT?!": Crow tries to make a deal with Pitch for a devil dolls and later soul transference. In the end, he also dresses a sleeping Mike up like Hugo and constructs a cage around him, while he acts like Vorelli. When Mike questions these acts and tries to stop him, Crow has this reaction.
- Crowd Chant: As the audience applauds at the conclusion of Vorelli's show and the performers take a final bow.
Mike and the 'bots: Hugo! Hugo! Hugo! BUTT LADY! BUTT LADY! BUTT LADY!
- Deal with the Devil: Pitch returns to offer Crow the power of soul transference. After Mike talks him out of a deal for literal dolls.
- Fan Nickname: There is no Magda. Only "Butt Lady".
- Hypocritical Humor:
Crow: Puppets. Hate 'em.
- Insistent Terminology: Pitch reminds Mike that he is a devil, not the Devil.
- Oh Crap: During Hugo's attack on Vorelli, Mike remembers that he once gave his niece a devil doll.
- Paranoia Fuel: In-Universe:
Crow: (as Hugo threatens Vorelli with a knife) Look familiar, Mike?
Servo: It may. Soon.
Mike: (chuckles nervously)
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Servo's Toaster Strudel form.