Recap / Kim Possible S 2 E 20 Go Team Go
A visit to the new super-deluxe Bueno Nacho in Go City turns into an adventure when an fight breaks out between local villain Aviarius and superhero Hego (after a quick-change from his restaurant manager secret identity
). Aviarius uses a staff to steal Hego's super strength
for himself, but instead accidentally transfers it to Kim. Team Possible then assists Hego and his Team Go brothers against Aviarius, recruiting Shego (their sister and a former member of the team before she turned evil
) to help.
This episode provides examples of:
- Backstory/Super Hero Origin: Shego and her brothers were empowered by a rainbow-hued comet that struck their tree house.
- Berserk Button: Do not accuse Shego of going "soft"....
- Black Sheep/Face–Heel Turn: Shego used to be a superhero working with her brothers until she quit. Hego's explanation is that she became fascinated by evil; her own reactions suggest that she simply couldn't put up with them any more.
- ...But He Sounds Handsome: After the initial confrontation with Aviarius, Hego, back in his civilian identity as a Bueno Nacho manager, refers to his alter ego as "that brave superhero".
- Conveniently Timed Distraction: Shego has gotten hold of the villain's power-stealing staff and taken all her brothers' powers for herself. Ron offers to distract Shego but Kim points out they would need a huge distraction, cue Drakken (thinking that Shego is in trouble) showing up with a giant battle robot. This provides Kim the distraction she needs to break the device and return everyone's powers to their proper owners. At the end of the episode, Kim and Drakken notice that it was surprisingly easy to get the staff away from Shego, suggesting that she didn't really want to permanently steal her brothers' powers.
- Did You Actually Believe...?: When Shego has a chance to grab Aviarius' staff and take all the powers for herself, she breaks her alliance with Kim, and mocks her for expecting anything different.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: This happens to Kim a few times after the power transfer.
- Empowered Badass Normal: Kim, for most of the episode.
- Enemy Mine: Shego gets roped into helping her brothers and Kim against Aviarius.
- Kirk Summation/Shut Up, Kirk!: After Shego grabs the staff, Hego tries to appeal to her better nature. It doesn't work.
- Last-Second Word Swap: Drakken tries to demand an explanation when Kim, Hego, and Mego show up at his lair:
- No Ontological Inertia: Once Aviarius' staff is broken, everyone's superpowers return to the original owners.
- Powers as Programs: Aviarius' staff can steal and transfer superpowers.
- Sibling Team/Super Family Team: Team Go.
- Slave to PR: Kim threatens to publicize Shego's former life as a superhero if she doesn't help. Shego gives in rather than have her reputation shot.
- Superpowers For A Day: Kim has Hego's Super Strength for most of the episode.
- Thicker Than Water: Both Kim and Drakken notice that it was surprisingly easy to get the staff away from Shego, suggesting that she didn't really want to permanently steal her brothers' powers.
- Unwanted Rescue: Dr. Drakken, believing that Shego is in trouble, shows up in a giant robot to rescue her. This creates a distraction that gives Kim a chance to get the staff away from Shego and destroy it.
- We Need a Distraction: Ron says this immediately before Drakken shows up to provide one.