Recap: Kim Possible S 2 E 21 The Full Monkey
During a fight with Monkey Fist, Kim gets zapped by a mystical amulet, which begins to turn her into a monkey. The sitch escalates when Kim is separated from Ron and one of Monkey Fist's monkey ninjas takes her place.Did we mention it's also class picture day?
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Argument of Contradictions: Ron and Wade spend several minutes yelling at one another about whether Wade "can not" or "can too" fight monkey magic with science.
- Baleful Polymorph: Anyone who gets zapped by the amulet turns into a monkey.
- Embarrassing Old Photo: Kim's past photo lineup has included her with braces and her with a visible booger, and she is determined to change things.
- Heel-Face Turn: Chimpy winds up briefly holding off his former master because he likes Ron after having spent the afternoon with him.
- Little Bit Beastly: Kim's initial transformation is hairy hands, a tail, and ears.
- Picture Day: The transformation does not help Kim's effort to get a good picture...and neither does Ron mistaking a monkey for her.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Kim's mom does the "puppy-dog pout" — sad eyes and put-out lip — when Kim rejects the dress her grandmother made her.
- Title Drop: When Ron sees one of the monkey ninjas wearing Kim's "Nana dress", he exclaims, "She's gone the full monkey!"
- Twisted-Knee Collapse: Combined with Skyward Scream. Ron collapses, yelling, "Curse you, monkeys!" when he hears they're going up against Monkey Fist again.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: The guy who interrupts Monkey Fist's gloating to the strapped down monkey!Kim doesn't bat an eyelash. Even when Kim talks, knocks down Monkey Fist with a barbell, and runs away, he only says, "I had a girl run away from me once. It still hurts."
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Ron hates monkeys and is horrified when he thinks Kim has fully transformed. He even yells, "Why does it always have to be monkeys?!" early in the episode.