Recap: Kim Possible S 2 E 12 Rufus Vs Commodore Puddles Day Of The Snowmen
Rufus vs. Commodore Puddles: Ron is planning to enter a monster movie in the upcoming Tri-City Film Festival, but finds Rufus a less than cooperative subject. Soon, he and Kim are off to Arizona to stop Drakken, who has stolen a shrink ray as part of plan to rob Area 51. However, after his poodle, Coomodore Puddles, takes a whiz on the device, it causes it to work in reverse, enlarging the poodle, which Drakken plans to use anyway. When the military proves unable to stop the giant dog, Kim & Ron try thier hands, but are quickly defeated. Fortunately, Rufus exposes himself to the ray, defeating Commodore Puddles, while Drakken escapes in a spaceship with some angry aliens. Back at the film festival, Ron plans to enter what he shot on the mission, but due to it being classified, it was confiscated and replaced with a video of him potty training entitled "Ron's First Day."Day of the Snowmen: It's an unusually snowy day in Middleton, so the Possible family decides to enjoy it. Unfortunately Jim & Tim head off to clean people's walks, while Kim goes sledding with Ron. Things take a turn for the worse when snowmen start wreaking havoc across the city. Responding to a distress call at Middleton Mall, Kim rescues a pair of bystanders, one of whom is weather reporter Summer Gale. When the snow zombies begin assaulting the Possible house, Summer's cameraman forces her to admit she created them; wanting more airtime, she used a weather machine to create a blizzard, but took water from Camp Wannaweep, hence why they're evil. While Kim & Ron head off to stop the weather machine, the rest of the family fights off the snow zombies. Eventually, the day is saved and the water returned to Camp Wannaweep, when the eyes of a totem begin to glow red...
These episodes contain examples of:
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The first episode features both a giant Commodore Puddles, then later, a giant Rufus.
- Blah Blah Blah: In Rufus vs. Commodore Puddles, characters use "yadda yadda.".
- Brick Joke: While looking through Ron's old videos in his garage, Kim finds one entitled "Ron's Big Day" but he takes it from her. At the end, she finally gets to see what was on it.
- Chekhov's Gun: The discontinued five alarm Diablo sauce Ron uses to warm his hands is later used to take out some snow zombies.
- Continuity Nod: Commodore Puddles was last seen briefly in ''Kimitation Nation''.
- Crazy-Prepared: The military apparently has plans in place for dealing with giant attacking poodles and mole rats.
- Embarrassing Old Video: "Ron's Big Day" for Ron.Young Ron: I make a potty.
- The Greys: A trio of them are on the spaceship Drakken attempts to flee on at the end of Rufus vs. Commodore Puddles.
- Here We Go Again: After the water is returned to Lake Wannaweep, a wooden totem's eyes are seen glowing red.
- Insane Troll Logic:Gen. Simms: We've implemented a double-negative cover story; we make sure only to leak out information that is 100% accurate.Ron: But then, it's not really secret.Gen. Simms: That's exactly what we want you to believe.Ron: Yeah, but then...never mind.
- Karma Houdini: Summer suffers absolutely no punishment for creating evil mutant snow zombies that tried to attack the city.
- Mundane Utility: Jim & Tim plan to use a particle beam they invented to clear people's driveways of snow.
- The Not Secret: Area 51 houses alien technology and so forth; that's because that's exactly what they tell the public (see Insane Troll Logic above).
- Off with His Head!: The most effective way to destroy a snow zombie (besides melting it) is to take out its' head, which Kim does several times.
- One Steve Limit: Averted; the two agents in Rufus vs. Commodore Puddles are both named Smith.
- Our Zombies Are Different: They're snowmen, for one thing.
- Punny Name: Summer Gale.
- Shout-Out: Several to Night of the Living Dead in Day of the Snowmen including fighting several snowmen in a mall, and one jumping on the windshield as the heroes drive off.
- Sick and Wrong: Ron quotes this trope verbatim in regard to the snow zombies.
- Toilet Humor: Rufus vs. Commodore Puddles features some, as the titular dog doing his business on the shrink ray is what made it act in reverse; and of course, the content of "Ron's Big Day."
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Since they're made of snow, the heroes inflict cruel punishment on the snow zombies that would be much more disturbing if it was happening to humans.