Recap: Kim Possible S 1 E 7 Number One
Bonnie Rockwaller confronts Kim about her management of the cheer squad, and starts campaigning to get the job herself. Meanwhile, Dr. Director recruits Kim and Ron to work with Global Justice's number-one agent, Will Du, to rescue a scientist who has been kidnapped by Duff Killigan.
This episode provides examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: This episode introduces Duff Killigan, and is the only episode featuring him as the solo villain.
- Failed a Spot Check: Both Kim and Will fail to notice Killigan's exploding golf ball landing right between them while they're reading up about him on their communicators.
- Hidden Depths: Bonnie, surprisingly, proves to be competent enough to lead her and Kim's cheerleading squad, and even comes up with some pretty good routines and gets them cool new uniforms (that are only seen in this episode).
- Kick the Dog: First thing Will Du does upon meeting Ron is paralyze him and Rufus with his stop watch because he came within one foot his person.
- Kidnapped by an Ally: Kim is introduced to Global Justice by being suddenly dropped down a trapdoor into a pneumatic tube.
- Kidnapped Scientist: Played with. Dr. Green was a weapons expert in the 1960s, and his once top-secret missile defense system is of no real significance—Kim and Dr. Green himself even point out that anyone can look up Dr. Green's at a public library or search the internet for it; Killigan wants the super grass-growing formula Dr. Green developed as a hobby.
- Never Say "Die": Averted.Kim: Mr. Killigan, put down the golf clubs!Killigan: Yeh'll have to pry them from me cold, dead hands!
- No Sell: Will Du's stopwatch merely bounced off Killigan when he tried using it. It worked the second time, though.Will tries using his stopwatch on Killigan. It bounces off.Killigan: Are yeh daft, lad?
- Pretender Diss: Will Du is quite disdainful of Team Possible, believing that world-saving confrontations with villains should be left to the trained professionals of Global Justice.
- Wanting Is Better Than Having: At the very end of episode, Bonnie succeeds in becoming the school cheerleading captain (with the surprise of Kim throwing her support to Bonnie) and is very excited about it...at least until Kim points out that Bonnie's going to have to continue doing the hard work she had done to gain the position in the first place. Ron thinks she'll last a month, but Kim gives her "two weeks, top."
- The next time we see all the cheerleaders together, Kim's back to being the captain of the squad, so Bonnie obviously gave the captainship back to Kim (most likely rather grudgingly).
- You're Insane!: Will calls Killigan this when he says that he plans to turn the world into his own personal golf course.