Recap: Kim Possible S 1 E 7 Number One
Bonnie Rockwaller confronts Kim about her management of the cheer squad, and starts campaigning to get the job herself. Meanwhile, Dr. Director recruits Kim and Ron to work with Global Justice's number-one agent, Will Du, to rescue a scientist who has been kidnapped by Duff Killigan.
This episode provides examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: This episode introduces Duff Killigan, and is the only episode featuring him as the solo villain.
- Failed a Spot Check: Both Kim and Will fail to notice Killigan's exploding golf ball landing right between them while they're reading up about him on their communicators.
- Kick the Dog: First thing Will Du does upon meeting Ron is paralyze him and Rufus with his stop watch because he came within one foot his person.
- Kidnapped by an Ally: Kim is introduced to Global Justice by being suddenly dropped down a trapdoor into a pneumatic tube.
- Kidnapped Scientist: Played with. Professor Green's top-secret missile defense system is no longer of any military significance (and is now common knowledge available from the Internet); Killigan wants the super grass-growing formula he developed as a hobby.
- Never Say "Die": Averted.Kim: Mr. Killigan, put down the golf clubs!Killigan: Yeh'll have to pry them from me cold, dead hands!
- No Sell: Will Du's stopwatch merely bounced off Killigan when he tried using it. It worked the second time, though.Will tries using his stopwatch on Killigan. It bounces off.Killigan: Are yeh daft, lad?
- Pretender Diss: Will Du is quite disdainful of Team Possible, believing that world-saving confrontations with villains should be left to the trained professionals of Global Justice.
- Wanting Is Better Than Having: At the end of the episode, Bonnie succeeds in wresting the cheer squad captaincy from Kim... and discovers to her dismay that it means ongoing hard work. Kim predicts that she'll last "two weeks, tops"; the next time we see the cheerleaders at practice, Kim is back in charge.
- You're Insane!: Will calls Killigan this when he says that he plans to turn the world into his own personal golf course.