Recap: Kim Possible S 1 E 6 Bueno Nacho
Kim wants a new green jacket from Club Banana, but doesn't have enough money to pay for it, so her parents suggest that she get a job at Bueno Nacho. Kim then convinces a reluctant Ron to help her, which turns out to be a mistake, as he soon adapts well to the job and his skills, plus his invention of a new food called "the naco" soon allows him to become assistant manager.Meanwhile, after having failed to stop Drakken from stealing a laser drill, Kim manages to track him to Wisconsin, but Ron refuses to help her, enjoying his new position. The two argue and Kim goes off herself, only to be overpowered by Drakken's goons and captured. There she learns he plans to drill into the Earth's crust, covering Milwaukee in magma and renaming it "Drakkenville."Learning that Kim has been captured, Ron shows up to help her, but gets caught himself. After the two make up, Rufus frees them and Ron sabotages Drakken's "Magmachine," causing it to melt the cheese building (not a cheese covered building), trapping Drakken and company. Back at Bueno Nacho, Ron uses the money from his job to buy Kim her jacket, but after she sees Ned, the assistant manager, wearing one, she decides to return it.
This episode provides examples of:
- All Up to You: Ron has to rescue Kim when she gets herself captured by Drakken and Shego.
- Bizarrchitecture: Drakken's hideout is in a building made of cheese, not a cheese covered building.Kim: Okay, points for a creative hiding place.
- Blatant Lies: No, Wade hasn't been reading Kim's diary.
- Burger Fool: Kim feels the full effect of this trope, while Ron remains cheerful and creative.
- Captain Obvious: Kim actually refers to Ron with this trope after he spies several of Drakken's helicopters around the laser drill.
- Chekhov's Skill: Kim teaching Rufus how to use the button on the cheese machine later comes in handy when he presses the button to undo her & Ron's restraints.
- Didn't Think This Through: Ron didn't really have much of a plan when he came to rescue Kim.
- Egopolis: After destroying Milwaukee, Drakken plans to rename it "Drakkenville."
- Gratuitous Spanish: Although that's expected when you work at a place called Bueno Nacho.
- Green-Eyed Monster: The main reason for the conflict in this episode is that Kim is jealous that Ron is better at something than she is.
- I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham: Ron originally gets roped into working at Bueno Nacho along with Kim. He soon takes to it enthusiastically while Kim continues to regard the job as a necessary evil to earn money to buy the jacket she wants.
- Insistent Terminology: It's not a "cheese-covered building", it's a building made of cheese.
- Insult Backfire:Kim: (after learning Drakken's plan) You're so conceited.Drakken: I'll take that as a compliment.
- Ironic Echo: When Ned puts Kim on cheese detail, he tells her, in a rather demeaning manner "even you can press a button." Later, when she has to leave, she teaches Rufus how to do it so he can replace her, and adds "even you can press a button."
- Insane Troll Logic: Mr. Possible tells Kim a story of how, when he requested funding, he was told "money doesn't grow on trees" and replied that, since money is made of paper, which is made from trees, in fact, money does grow on trees.
- Minnesota Nice: The tour guide talks like this, even though she's supposed to be from Wisconsin, dontcha know there.
- Noodle Incident: How Kim saved Akut's life from a tiny iceberg, and what she did to help Mr. Parker's crop dusting business.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Ron, while handing out orders.Ron: Fifty eight, you're doing great. Fifty-nine, you're feeling fine. Sixty... (pause) your order's ready.
- Shout-Out: At one point, Ron says "I love this place!" in Spanish, which was a popular slogan for Burger King in the mid-90's.
- Sidetracked by the Analogy: Mr. Possible forgets exactly what his point was after his story about money growing on trees.
- This Is A Laser Drill: Drakken steals a large one as part of his plan.
- You Can't Thwart Stage One: Kim is unable to stop Drakken from stealing the laser drill for his plans.