Season 3, Episode 22
Dog With Two Bones
As Moya travels to a Leviathan graveyard to scatter Talyn's remains, the crew begins to fragment and scatter off to their new life paths. Crichton tries to imagine a life in which he can have Earth and Aeryn and comes to the realisation that he'll have to choose which is more important. However, Aeryn is still grieving the death of her
Crichton and has trouble bringing herself to accept the situation as it stands. At a crossroads, they choose to let fate decide and flip a coin — the result is tails, and Aeryn leaves in her Prowler.
Crichton decides to leave Moya as well and use his wormhole knowledge to find Earth. As he waits in a module for a wormhole to open, the whisperings of Moya's newest crewmember, Noranti, make him realise exactly what's affecting Aeryn's behaviour: she's pregnant. Resolving to find her, Crichton turns his module around and heads back to Moya, only to witness the Leviathan getting sucked into a wormhole and disappearing, leaving Crichton alone in his module, in deep space with a finite supply of oxygen...
Tropes present in this episode include:
- A Lady on Each Arm: Go D'Argo!
- Ax-Crazy: The other Leviathan has gone insane after the enslavement and death of her children, has killed her own Pilot and other Leviathans, and attacks Moya to stop her from burying Talyn. Eventually Moya decides this is crossing the Moral Event Horizon and asks their help in killing her.
- Be Careful What You Wish For
Crichton: When I was a kid I dreamed of outer space. And then I got here, I dream of Earth. Lately none of my dreams work.
- Breaking the Fellowship
- Cliff Hanger / You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!
- Due to the Dead / Burial in Space
- Friendship Moment
- Imagine Spot
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Crichton's father is shot in the head just as he's proposing a toast to Mr & Mrs Crichton.
- Love Confession
- Meaningful Echo: A dying Aeryn says, "Don't you worry about me, I've never felt better."
- Mundane Utility: D'Argo uses a blast from his Qualtro blade for fishing.
- My Girl Is a Slut: Averted; Crichton is disturbed by Chiana sleeping with all his friends and his dad.
- Never Say Goodbye
- Not Listening to Me, Are You?: John is distracted due to the various Imagine Spots he's having.
- Ramming Always Works
- Remember the New Guy: Played with. Everyone acts as if Noranti has every right to be there because they all assume she had joined another crew member since they are splitting up. It turns out she really just popped up after stowing aboard and none of them have seen her before.
- Ship Tease: Chiana to Crichton. "I would love you...to come with me."
- And later: "You better not forget me. You better not ever forget how I love you."
- Sick and Wrong: John's reaction to Chiana snogging his father.
- Scrap Heap Hero: Aeryn does not want to retire on a planet as John's House Wife.
"I am miserable here and he just won't see it."
- Star-Crossed Lovers
- Surrogate Soliloquy: Chiana to Moya.
- Two Roads Before You: Crichton can have Earth or Aeryn, not both.
- Too Much Information
Crichton: I thought you said this thing only responds to your DNA.
D'Argo: That's why I covered all the controls in—
Crichton: Woooah! That's why I'm wearing gloves.
- Twisted Echo Cut: Between Crichton's imagine spots and what's happening on Moya.
- Wave Motion Gun: A single blast from D'Argo's ship is enough to obliterate the rogue Leviathan.
- Wham Line: "Aeryn is with child."
- Widowed at the Wedding: Crichton's hallucinations end with Scorpius' mooks killing everyone at his wedding except Crichton.
- With Friends Like These...
Aeryn: Can you melt that?
Jool: How, there's no power?
(Aeryn twists Jool's finger until she screams)
- You Can't Go Home Again
- You Can't Fight Fate: Aeryn argues that if she and Crichton are meant to be together, they'll meet again.