Infinite Possibilities, part 2: Icarus AbidesHarvey seems to have taken control, but it's a last-ditch attempt at revenge by goading the others into killing Crichton: in moments, Harvey "dies" and Crichton is fine. The wormhole knowledge is unlocked and Crichton gradually begins to understand the science and technology behind wormholes as he works with Jack to build the weapon. Meanwhile, in orbit, a Scarran boards Talyn while he and Crais are blinded. Crais and Stark are forced to help the Scarran make Talyn operational.When Jack's weapon is almost complete, he inform Crichton that it's got no emergency shutdown and once activated, it'll self-destruct within two arns, making it a one-time-use weapon. He asks everyone to leave as he finishes the weapon, because it can give off radiation, but when Jack is alone with Furlow, she shoots him and allows Charrids into the compound, ready to cut a deal. When the Charrids try to double-cross her, she tries to escape with the weapon in a buggy and Crichton pursues, but in the course of the chase the weapon is damaged and activated. In order to repair it in time, Crichton takes a lethal dose of radiation. Onboard Talyn, Crais and Stark use a ploy with the control transponders to pin their Scarran captor in place while Talyn's internal guns destroy it.Starting to succumb to the radiation, Crichton flies Furlow's module and the weapon into orbit as Aeryn destroys the compound and the rest of the crew return to Talyn. When the Scarran Dreadnought arrives, Crichton activates the weapon, which opens a wormhole whose aperture touches the sun, causing it to release a massive burst of energy that completely destroys the Dreadnought. Later, back aboard Talyn, Crichton says goodbye to Crais, Stark and Rygel and they leave him alone with Aeryn. As he slips away, Crichton tells Aeryn about how grateful he is to have done some good with his life, to have seen the universe, and most importantly, to have been with her.
Crichton: Don't worry about me... I've never felt better.In Aeryn's arms, he dies.
Tropes present in this episode include:
- And This Is For...: "Jack, this one's for you."
- Bittersweet Ending
- Face Death with Dignity: Crichton
- Heroic Sacrifice: Crichton knowingly exposes himself to radiation to ultimately defeat the Scarrans.
- Karma Houdini: Furlow escapes in the end.
- Kick the Dog: During the teaser.Harvey!Crichton: And Zhaan gave herself for you. What a waste, wouldn't you say?
- Oh Crap!: Stark gets a report that the atmosphere re-pressurized in a docking bay, but not the one they landed in.Crais: Talyn, SEAL ALL HATCHES!
(Scarran bursts onto the bridge)
- After witnessing the wormhole weapon destroy the Scarran Dreadnought.Stark: I don't have a prayer for that.
- After witnessing the wormhole weapon destroy the Scarran Dreadnought.
- Taking You with Me: Harvey actually lost the mental fight with Crichton and was dying. He attempted to goad Aeryn into firing so Crichton would die as well.