Crichton KicksAfter months alone on a dying Leviathan named Elac with nothing to do except put down his wormhole knowledge, Crichton has gone almost completely insane. He's only broken from this state by the arrival of Leviathan "expert" Sikozu, the band of pirates pursuing her, and some old friends in trouble.
Tropes present in this episode include:
- Absentee Actor: Of the main cast, Anthony Simcoe is the only one not to appear. D'Argo can be seen briefly in Grayza's reward video, but he never appears in actual scenes. Scorpius doesn't appear, either, due to his scenes being cut. (Harvey does appear in one scene, so Wayne Pygram still got some screentime.)
- An Arm and a Leg: The brindz hound rips off Sikozu's hand. Fortunately for her, it can be reattached if done quickly enough.
- Animal Motifs: At one point we have Chiana looking up a Sikozu perched halfway up a wall with overt cat/bird motif.
- Badass Beard: Crichton has again grown a beard while away from Moya. He shaves it off halfway through the episode.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Crichton asks Rygel to lure the pirate's brindz hound to him for his trap. After doing his part, Rygel conveys this attitude.Rygel: OH-HO-HO-HO-HO! You wanted him?! You got him!
- Blind Seer: Chiana's ability to see the future has evolved into this. She now has control over it, but she begins to suffer Temporary Blindness each time (and each time lasts longer than the last).
- Cat Fight: Chiana and Sikozu get in some punches and kicks.
- Faking the Dead: Discussed and defied. After a firefight, Sikozu advises Crichton to lay low and make it look like they killed him. Instead, he walks over to the edge and shouts, "YA MISSED!"
- Foreign Money Is Proof of Guilt: Chiana suspects Sikozu of being involved with the Scarrans due to having their currency. Sikozu asserts that she simply grew up in Scarran territory but hates them. She also points out the others come from the Peacekeeper side of the tracks."What kind of change do you have in your pocket?!"
- Nerds Speak Klingon: John is not your typical Hollywood Nerd but he is still a brilliant engineer and astrophysicist, and in this episode he shouts some Klingon at the aliens attacking the ship (an ad-lib by Browder).
- Skewed Priorities: Rygel is annoyed the price on his head is smaller than Chiana's.
- Time Skip: A "Some Time Later..." caption is used to indicate a vague amount of time has passed since the last episode.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Chiana, due to her being tortured and raped while away from Moya.
- Translator Microbes: Averted. Sikozu's species can't tolerate them. They learn languages simply by hearing the words. Chrichton starts mixing in Spanish just to mess with her.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Crichton views Sikozu's Dynamic Entry with monumental disinterest.
- Wanted Poster