Quahog becomes the subject of a flu epidemic, and Peter goes to see Dr. Hartman for a vaccine. Although the vaccines are in short supply and must be saved for the elderly, Peter manages to get one anyway (by pretending to fall onto the syringe). While looking through Peter's papers, Hartman realizes that Peter has not had a prostate exam. Peter agrees to get one, despite not knowing what it involves. Upon receiving the procedure, Peter feels sexually violated and proceeds to tell Lois about his ordeal, and she is rather unsupportive and finds it amusing, up to the point to calling him a "fucking idiot". He then suffers a mental breakdown and tells his friends about the incident, at which point they reveal that Dr. Hartman also "raped" them. Peter decides to sue Hartman in a court of law, and Lois is unable to talk him out of it.In the courtroom, Peter exaggerates the story. The judge is not convinced, and even recalls his own prostate exam being uneventful. However, after further prompting from Peter, the judge "remembers" being abused and declares Hartman guilty, revoking his license. As Peter celebrates his victory at The Drunken Clam, his frequent need to urinate causes concern among his friends, where Seamus informs him that his prostate may be infected. However, his lawsuit makes it unlikely that any doctor would treat him, and indeed, not one does. Peter visits Dr. Hartman in disguise and unsuccessfully tries to trick him into giving the exam, but the doctor decides that his Hippocratic Oath requires him to go ahead with the examination anyway. Peter's constant urinating turns out to be due to a minor infection and blockage caused by Mr. Sulu somehow being up Peter's rectum. In the epilogue, Dr. Hartman's license is reinstated.Meanwhile, Stewie plays at the park with his teddy, Rupert. A vicious dog grabs Rupert from him and tears it to shreds. Lois runs after the dog, retrieves Rupert, and repairs him, causing Stewie to rethink all the bad thoughts he's had of Lois. Stewie becomes enamored with her, which she takes as refreshing at first, but eventually, she becomes exhausted and frustrated at his increased dependency and even has a nightmare of murdering him. Taking Brian's advice, she starts ignoring his demands for attention (faking he got sick from pills and claiming to be dying), until he injures himself falling down the stairs; Lois tries to apologize for her behavior, but Stewie is so disgusted by it that it causes him to hate her once again.
Tropes related to the episode:
- Attempted Rape: This is what Peter thinks Dr. Hartman did to him.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Peter sues Doctor Hartman for giving him a prostate exam. A dog also steals Stewie's teddy bear, Rupert, just for telling him to get lost.
- Face-Heel Turn: Stewie grew to love Lois for saving Rupert.
- Fake Memories: You'd think a judge would be able to convince Peter that a prostate exam does not equal a sexual assault (if done right and by a professional), and even notes that it was uneventful. Not after Peter merely suggests that he "try to remember" what "actually" happened, which is all that it takes to trigger thoughts of him being molested by Dr. Hartman. The judge immediately revokes Hartman's medical license.
- Fan Disservice: Peter whining and walking home with his pants around his ankles after he was allegedly raped. Lampshaded by Adam West, who takes one look at Peter and says, "Ugh, get a tan!"
- Fat Idiot: Peter
- Humiliation Conga/Deus Angst Machina: A rather cruel one at that, considering that Peter was at the brink of mental breakdown and was recently traumatized.
- To put this into perspective: Peter was stripped naked, supposedly have been sexually assaulted, he returns home only to find his wife largely unsupportive of the situation he's in (as she tried to explain to him that it wasn't sexual assault; it was a prostate exam), went through seeing pointing gestures everywhere he goes (TV, Chris, and Evil Monkey [which he mistakes for Meg]), making him worse, his friends also went through the exam, traumatizing them as well, and he finally got revenge towards Dr Hartman only to turn to him because his prostate is heavily infected. Peter must've felt ashamed and humiliated, which why he becomes a bigger asshole later on...
- Idiot Ball: Yes Judge, listen to the guy who is mentally retarded, ran across the streets naked wailing, and would abuse his family over minor things such as to avoid being yelled at.
- Peter, Quagmire, and Cleveland thinking Dr. Hartman "violated" them is enough, but Joe should know that a prostate exam is a legitimate medical exam.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Ironically, something Peter did for a (mostly) selfless reason, he pays for it anyway (see Yank the Dog's Chain below).
- Sanity Slippage: Peter, who cuts off pieces of his hair while looking at himself in a mirror while calling himself a "whore".
- Sound Effect Bleep: Subverted, Lois actually gets away with calling Peter a "fucking idiot" without a sound effect.
- Double subverted, as she was bleeped out with a regular bleep sound on the TV version, but not the DVD.
- Too Dumb to Live: Peter
- Ungrateful Bastard: Lois comes over to her baby and lovingly kisses him over and over again after he injures his arm, and then Stewie retaliates by berating her and threaten to testify against her.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Peter and his friends celebrate getting Hartman sued... and then Peter all of a sudden has early signs of prostate cancer, which is bad news because no Doctor would examine Peter 'cause they're afraid he'll sue them as well.