July 12, 2000
A trip to city hall reveals that Peter's house is not on the Quahog map, so Peter (who has had it with the government not giving him a tax refund and telling him he can't build a pool around his house) decides to declare his house his own country — which causes an international crisis when he invades Joe's backyard pool.
"E. Peterbus Unum" contains examples of:
- Buxom Is Better: Susan Sarandon in her out-of-nowhere appearance.
Susan Sarandon: For less than the ticket price of one of my movies about capital punishment or neo-feminism, you can make sure that Stewie never goes hungry again.
Stewie: Yes, and from the look of those sweater cows, so could you.
- Diplomatic Impunity: "Just like the bad guy in Lethal Weapon 2/I've got diplomatic immunity, so Hammer you can't sue."
- Distant Finale: The episode turns out to be a video shown to a class 200 years in the future, where one of the students asks if anyone understands Stewie (which was a common fan question. According to commentary, people do understand what Stewie says, but, because he's a toddler, they don't take him seriously).
- Early-Bird Cameo: When Lois tells Peter that a swimming pool is one of those things the family doesn't really need, we get a flashback of the last time Peter brought home something the family didn't need: another talking dog, who looked and sounded like a Camp Gay Brian. That dog would later be Brian's cousin, Jasper.
- Egopolis: Petoria.
Peter: I was gonna call it "Peterland", but that gay bar down by the airport already took it.
- Karma Houdini: Played with and subverted. Peter believes because he's technically the president of his own country he can't be tried in America, it works until he decided to take over Joe's pool.
- Land of One City: more like Land of One House.
- Prison Rape: Quagmire mentions that Peter might go to jail for taking his beer mug outside, and not the good jail you see on Cinemax, the "man" jail.
- You and What Army?: When Chris tells Peter that someone's blocking the fence, Peter asks "Him and what army?". Chris replies "The U.S. Army".