Recap: Family Guy S 10 E 2 Seahorse Seashell Party
Airdate: October 2, 2011In part two of the Night of the Hurricane crossover with this show, The Cleveland Show, and American Dad!, the hurricane that blew through Stoolbend, Virginia makes it way to Quahog, Rhode Island. While Brian uses psychedelic mushrooms to pass the time, the Griffins once again abuse Meg — and Meg finally lets her family know that they're all assholes for treating her badly...until she learns that the abuse is the only thing keeping them from tearing each other apart.
"Seahorse Seashell Party" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- Darker and Edgier: While not as much as the following episode, it actually marks a pivotal moment in the series in which Meg accuses her family of their faults...and then there's Brian's mushroom-fueled nightmare...
- Disney Acid Sequence: Brian has a absolutely terrifying one after eating Mushrooms...
- Heel Realization / My God, What Have I Done?: Lois.
- Ignored Epiphany: It doesn't stick.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Meg decides to regain her role as the family's Butt Monkey in order for the family to not turn against each other.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: While ripping into Peter, Meg explains that if anyone in the outside world could see the way he treats her, Peter would be in prison.
- Pet the Dog: Brian telling Meg that she is a strong girl for putting up with her abusive family.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Meg dishes one to Peter, Lois, and Chris.
- Took a Level in Badass: Meg, for sticking up for herself.
- Yank the Dog's Chain / Status Quo Is God: Meg calls out her father, mother, and brother for treating her like shit...and then winds up being the family's Butt Monkey again.