Recap / Family Guy S 5 E 13 Bill And Peters Bogus Journey
Original air date
: March 11, 2007
Peter befriends former President Bill Clinton
after trying and failing at lifting his limousine — but the friendship (and Peter's marriage) is strained when Clinton charms Lois into sleeping with him. Meanwhile, Lois is sick of Brian crapping in the backyard, so he takes to toilet training.
Tropes used in the episode:
- Awful Wedded Life / Pun: "If he wanted a pig, why didn't he just take my wife?"
- Bowdlerise: In the DVD version, Clinton asks Lois, "It depends on what the definition of the word "jizz" is". This was cut from the Fox version.
- In the DVD version, Clinton asks her if she's into NAFTA, that is, "'Nother afternoon fuckin' that ass!" In the Fox version, Clinton asks Lois for the cigar he stuck in her so he can smoke it.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Peter goes to Bill Clinton's hotel room to talk about his having sex with Lois, and Smash Cut to Peter in bed, having just had sex with Clinton himself:
Peter: Boy, you are good. You are really good.
- Instant Seduction: All Bill Clinton has to do is play the theme to Night Court on his sax, and Meg has stripped down to her underwear.
Meg: You can have me.
- Likes Older Women: Peter wants to have sex with Babs (Lois's mom).
- Ping-Pong Na´vetÚ: The B-plot is Lois being inexplicably (because she's been casual about it before) upset with Brian for going on the lawn and demanding he potty train with Stewie. While they're both erudite in their own ways they treat the toilet like an arcane fixture and are frightened by it flushing.
- Prank Call: Clinton prank calls Linda Tripp:
Clinton: You shouldn't have talked, you stupid bitch! I hope you die! [hangs up]
Peter: Boy, that, uh that wasn't really a crank call, that was, that was just unpleasant.
- Shout-Out: Bill Clinton plays the theme to Night Court on his sax.
- Toilet Training Plot: In the B-plot of this episode, Lois is sick of stepping in Brian's poop, so she tries to teach him to use the toilet like the others. Stewie unsuccessfully tries to potty train Brian with a video, and when Brian tries to poop in the yard, Lois forces him to wear diapers. At the end, it looks like Brian is fully potty-trained, but instead he's been pooping in Mayor Adam West's front yard.