YMMV: Family Guy S 10 E 2 Seahorse Seashell Party
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Meg finally sticking up for herself and calling Peter, Lois, and Chris out for treating her like crap. Sadly, this doesn't last, but Brian calling her brave for putting up with Lois', Peter's, and Chris' crap all the time makes it slightly better.
- Dude, Not Funny!: The episode as a whole, but the biggest cases are the Family-Unfriendly Aesop and Brian's drug trip, which resembles something that came straight from a Creepy Pasta.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: To the point that it feels intentional. The moral of the episode is that it's worth staying in an abusive relationship for your abuser's benefit. The fact that the next episodem "Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q," had the exact opposite moral makes the show's attempts at having a moral code come off as shallow and hypocritical.
- Misblamed: Many viewers blamed Brian for the infamous Status Quo Is God, when he in fact praised Meg for calling out her family (and he does have the right to do so, as he has never directly abused Meg), and insisted that she shouldn't care that the family turned on each other without her as a "lightning rod".
- Nightmare Fuel: Brian's drug trip.
- May be Nightmare Retardant for sheer absurdity value.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: A lot of fans have said that Seth MacFarlane could have used this episode to write Meg out of the show, especially considering that he made her a total Butt Monkey because he wasn't sure how to write her.