Buffy: Right, that thing that we can squeeze in before. We gotta go.
Willow: They probably mean—
Giles: I know what they mean. I did go to university in the Mesozoic era.
The spirits of sexually repressed teens are wreaking havoc in Riley's frat house.
- A Day in the Limelight: Everyone except Buffy and Riley.
- Aliens Made Them Do It
- A Man Is Always Eager: Anya thinks Xander is going to break up with her because they went a night without having sex.
- Aroused by Their Voice: The female Scoobies think Giles' singing is quite sexy.
- As the Good Book Says: Graham Not Himself.
- Bound and Gagged: Spike is sitting in a chair, smirking at all the chaos around him, when suddenly straps whip across his arms and mouth.
- Bad Humor Truck: Xander and Anya are having an argument, and Xander suggests making up with hot sweaty sex then and there...only to realise a family with small children are standing outside their ice cream truck listening to them.
- Bad Vibrations
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: Xander asks for volunteers to go back in and rescue Buffy and Riley. No-one is particularly eager until Spike surprises everyone by speaking up.
I know I'm not the first choice for heroics ... and Buffy's tried to kill me more than once. And, I don't fancy a single one of you at all. But... (pauses) Actually, all that sounds pretty convincing. (shakes his head and walks off
) I wonder if Asian House is open.
- Blatant Lies: Riley/Buffy's excuses for nipping off for sex.
Graham: And I'm the one who got a D in Covert Ops.
- The Cast Showoff: Giles sings for the first time.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Death by Buffy doing Riley until they both kill themselves.
- Deliberately Distressed Damsel (and Dude): Buffy and Riley aren't very upset at being forced to have constant sex.
- Dramatic Curtain Toss: The shower curtain surrounding the bath.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Spike and Anya share a drink at the Bronze and bemoan their Badass Decay.
- Fantastic Racism: Subverted, demons and vampires are working together, inspired by Adam.
Willow: Huh. Just like Martin Luther King.
- Fetish: Willow moaning at Giles singing before saying how she had such a crush on him.
- Foreshadowing: Spike suggests to Anya they get revenge on their significant others. In Season 6 after Buffy dumps Spike and Xander leaves Anya at the altar, the two sleep together for comfort and revenge.
- Ghostly Chill: Graham and Forrest are complaining how cold the frat house is.
- Haunted House: Turns out though it's not actually haunted.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Buffy saying to Riley, "You get fangs, I get horny." Riley later breaks up with Buffy because he thinks she's not as passionate about him as she is towards vampires like Angel, Dracula and Spike. Maybe if he got some fangs though...
- Holier Than Thou: The woman who ran Lowell house as an orphanage.
- Interplay of Sex and Violence: Fighting Fangs and Horny does indeed make Buffy and Riley horny.
- Ironic Echo: Anya brings Spike to the frat party, casually revealing that it's full of Initiative soldiers.
Spike: What are you doing? You brought me here?
Xander: Anya! (sees Spike) What are you doing? You brought him here?
Spike: That's what I said...only I hit the 'here' part.
- Living Memory
- Longing Look: Riley and Buffy aren't paying attention to what their friends at the party are saying because they're too busy making gooey eyes at each other. Willow uses the opportunity to confess to spilling something on Buffy's 'borrowed' sweater.
- Love Is in the Air
- Madness Mantra: Julie cutting off her hair. "I'm bad, I'm bad, I'm bad..."
- Mental Affair: The 'orgasm spot' on the wall.
- Modesty Bedsheet: Buffy and Riley are shown going at it over and over as the camera pulls back, but discretely shows both wrapped in the bedsheet.
- Not Herself: Tara's homophobic reaction to Willow touching her. Buffy and Riley not responding to Willow's scream. Played for Laughs with Giles' guitar playing.
Tara: Does he do this a lot?
Xander: Sure. Every day the Earth rotates backward and the skies turn orange.
- Not so Dire
Riley: I can't believe that really happened.
Buffy: That's so creepy. Giles really sang?
- Oblivious Mockery: Giles is annoyed to hear the Initiative commandoes will be having a party instead of patrolling for Adam. Riley calmly explains it's his idea, as his men are getting stressed out and need some R & R.
- Only Sane Man: Well, several here actually.
- Out with a Bang: What the Scoobies narrowly prevent happening to Buffy and Riley.
- Person as Verb: "People are going all Felicity with their hair".
- Playing Against Type: Typical sweet old lady actress Kathryn Joosten as a disturbing religious nut who ruined the lives of the children under her care.
- The Power of Lovemaking
- Ship Tease: Willow likes Giles' sexy singing voice, and reveals she used to have a crush on him.
- Sophisticated as Hell: "Transform your pain. Release your past. Get over it?"
- Spin the Bottle: The bottle ends up spinning on its own and exploding into everyone's faces.
- STD Immunity: Averted; Riley has a drawer by the bed with condoms.
- Talk About That Thing
- That Came Out Wrong
Giles: In the midst of all that, you really think they were keeping it up? (everyone looks at him) Oh, for a different phrasing.
Buffy: You get Fangs, I'll get Horny. I mean...
- Traumatic Haircut: The caretaker would cut off the hair of girls she found 'preening' — this is self-inflicted on one of the current residents.
- Unusual Euphemism:
Buffy: I need you to take a look at... an essay... for class.
Riley: That essay. right. I'll catch you guys in a minute. There's an essay... gotta look at.
Graham: And I'm the one who got a "D" in Covert Ops.
- Vampires Are Rich: Averted; Spike has to resort to mugging for his booze and cigarette money. He can't actually attack anyone, but his Game Face is good for scaring people.
- When Trees Attack: Anya is attacked by deadly vines.