Punctuated For Emphasis: Webcomics
- Tower of God — Lurker uses this while killing Nia.
"You see, I hate guys like you the most. The moment you enter this world you become a bad guy. Don't pretend to be a good guy. Because you END! UP! LIKE! THIS!"
- The Order of the Stick:
- The Sparks in 'Girl Genius'' do this when they are in "intimidate mode".
- Thog Infinitron: LET... HER... GO... NOW!
- DMFA: "YOU! BEEPED! MY! NOSE!"
- The Adventures of Dr. McNinja:
- I... SHALL NOT... CRUMBLE!!
- From Digger:
- "That. Ain't. Right." The statement was made in response to the heart of a dead god, forced to beat.
- Also, the cold servants speak exclusively like this; each word gets its own bubble with them.
- "Has a name! NAME -- IS -- ED!"
- Mike from Sexy Losers: I...AM NO...ORDINARY...MAN! His delivery of this line was what elevated him from simple comedy to being actually sort of awesome. That is, if you look past the fact that he's masturbating and just see it from his own artistic perspective.
- From Eversummer Eve:
Alasdair: That! Is! Not! A! Mage!! That! Is! A! Freaking! Dragon!!
Amadan: Did I forget to mention that?
Amadan: Did I forget to mention that?
- Darths & Droids:
- Parodied on VG Cats with Super Mario Bros. characters.
- Sam and Fuzzy: "WHY?! ARE?! YOU?! HERE?!"
- Lampshaded (as so many things are) in Narbonic, [[here.
Titus: That many periods in one sentence can't be good for your brain.
Helen: Nor yours. Sorry, Titus.
- Looking for Group — "Worst. Portal. Ever."
- Erfworld: royalty. is. obsolete.◊ I think not
- Questionable Content: "Go. Eat. A. Cookie."
- Triquetra Cats recently has this exchange;
Gemini: You have the right to remain silent, you have-
Platinum: Dozens of civilian hostages, why do you think I travel coach?
Gemini: We will still bring you in-
Platinum: Over a pile of corpses? Do it! Show you mother that no matter what you claim to be, You. Are. Just. Like. Me.
- Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal:
- Taken to extremes in Achewood: "Dear. God. I. Am. Not. A. Religious. Man. But. Please. Help. Me. See. The. Connection. Here."
- Megatokyo: STOP. TEASING. ME.
- In Freefall:
- The Last Days of FOXHOUND: I. Don't. Speak. WOLF!
- Stick Figure Hamlet manages to find one of these in its Shakespearean text: "Tell me, Laertes... Why. Thou. Art. Thus. Incensed?"
- Errant Story: "I have a third of an entire species' knowledge sodomizing my frontal lobe... And. Yet. You. Are. STILL! ...Giving me shit about my stupid grades."
- Slightly Damned: WE! ARE NOT! HOOKERS!!
- Buttersafe: Every. Genital. You. Own.
- From Homestuck: This... Is... Motherfuckin... BlAsPhEmY!!
- Hi to Tsuki to Hoshi no Tama: When people can guilt trip you about freeing a slave, what do you say?
Rowan: That. Was so. Screwed. Up.
- Looking for Group: THIS! IS! SOOBA!
- Joe Loves Crappy Movies: Parodied when Joe and Phil ponder how Leondias would translate into modern life. It is visualized as an Imagine Spot.
"This! Is! SODA!"
- The Word Weary: Parodied:
- Harry the Hipster: This sounds familiar. Is this At the Drive-In?
- Morris: No. This is Sparta.
- In The Fourth, Lord Skärva is less than impressed with his tour of a lava dungeon.
Skärva: Let's. Just. Move. On.
- Sluggy Freelance ("The Research and Development Wars"): "Orbital. Weaponized. Dimensional. Flux. Agitator." It makes more sense in context than usual for this comic: Riff is referring to a Doomsday Device made by setting up a network of "flux agitators" that can not only be used as the ultimate weapon to blast absolutely anything on a world-wide scale into another dimension, but is also prone to rip the fabric of reality in the dimension where they are used, while parallel uses in different dimensions will have had caused a cross-universe disaster in the future from which he has returned. And all of that makes sense in context, too.
- Times Like This:
- Menage A 3 gives us an awesome example when Yuki lays the smack down on Didi. "Gary. Is. Mine."
- Bittersweet Candy Bowl has a few examples:
- Kevin & Kell:
- Outworld: Melissa: "STOP! STARING! AT! MEEEEEEEE!"
- Precocious: "THE BAKE SALE IS SCIENCE!!"
- Not A Villain has a couple by Kleya:
- Eerie Cuties has this piece after three girls end up in a closet instead of openly at a party:
Tia Darkness: Who. Drew. The. Circle?Neige and Sorbet: (pointing to the other) She did!
- Ctrl+Alt+Del has one issue where Ethan, after playing an unnamed video game, calls the game company to complain that the game sucks. After three hours of being escalated to various "higher-ups" in the company, having to repeat himself over and over again, by the end of it Ethan is so frustrated and worn out that all he can manage is "GAME! SUCK! THE ASS!"
- From Namesake: "How... dare... YOU!"
- El Goonish Shive: "Do. You. Understand. Me?"