Outworld (often stylized OUTWORLD) is a science fiction/furry webcomic.
In the early 71st century, civilization is spread too far. Colony worlds are stricken by a lack of food, and it is the responsibility of the government-sanctioned Outworld Scientific Association (OSA) to find a solution. A new, unspoiled world has been found as a potential source of sustenance for the colonies, and so the OSA has dispatched a team of scientists to check it out. Among them is the young botanist Melissa Thayer, who is hoping to make her career out of this assignment... oh, and of course help those poor colonists!
The characters are essentially furry humans, and wear full clothing
. Melissa, for example, is a fox in a gingham dress (it's a cultural thing
Outworld can be read on deviantART here
. It is in its early stages, but is currently being updated regularly.
This webcomic contains examples of:
- The Amazon: Amalis, the planet on which Outworld takes place, is pretty much jungle from pole to pole... with one whack of an ocean about the equator.
- Hungry Jungle: The ominous chirps and stridulations in the second and third instalments hint at this.
- Magic Skirt: Melissa's skirt stays put when she frightens colleague Jon while hanging from an overhead branch in the third instalment.
- Nice Shoes: Melissa wears a cute pair of black school shoes.
- Oh Crap: Scientist Jon Sizemore has one of these moments when he thinks something nasty is going to attack him in the jungle... turns out it's Melissa.
- Petting Zoo People: The entire cast is dressed from head to paw.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Melissa's gingham number features frilly sleeves, cute button and a plethora of badges. Also comes with gravity-defying skirt!
- Say My Name: Jon does this to Melissa in the fourth instalment. "Melissa Thayer..."
- The Promised Land: Melissa makes Amalis out to be this in part one; it's a fertile planet that could hold the potential to end starvation on the colonies of the Core Republic!
- This Is Gonna Suck: Melissa's face when her grappling line breaks during her descent from a tree after she scares Jon pretty much says it all!