: The villains keep attacking the hero, despite the futility of it being general knowledge.
- Straight: The Gang of the Lampshades unloads their pistols and machine-guns on Amazing Girl, despite the media having shown several times that she's immune to bullets.
- The Gang of the Lampshades unloads several anti-tank rifles, a chain-gun, a rocket launcher, an experimental laser cannon, several grenades and a mini-nuke on Amazing Girl, despite her telling them that all that will just phase through her.
- A member of the gang charges Amazing Girl bare-handed, despite having just seen her shrug off a cruise missile.
- Downplayed: Amazing Girl IS immune to bullets, shotguns shells, rockets and what have you, but the force of the impact still knocks her back.
- Inverted: Amazing Girl keeps fighting with the Gang of the Lampshades despite being fully aware that their guns can easily kill her.
- Subverted: Amazing Girl mocks the Gang of the Lampshades on their intent to shoot her. But her arrogance turns into despair when she finds out they have loaded their guns with Troperium coated bullets, her one fatal weakness.
- Double Subverted: The Gang of the Lampshades loads their guns with Troperium coated bullets just in case Amazing Girl shows up. She does... Encased in a concealing full-body anti-Troperium armor suit.
- After running out of bullets, they throw their guns. Then the loot. Then their shoes. Then a kitchen sink.
- Alternatively, they throw the gun, then the hero is stunned.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes the villains try to shoot down Amazing Girl, with no effect; sometimes they actually manage to injure her with the appropriate equipment; sometimes she's actually prepared to counter said equipment; and sometimes the villains are just too scared to do anything.
- Amazing Girl busts into the bad guys hideout, the bad guys, realizing that can't really do anything to her, drop their guns and surrender.
- The crooks split up and run for it, hoping Amazing Girl won't be able to keep track of them all.
- Enforced: "The fans of the original series already know that Amazing Girl is immune to bullets, but we needed an impressive way show how unstoppable she really is. You cannot deny that taking a rocket to the face with a smile and going unharmed after it is badass no matter how many times you see it"
- Lampshaded: "You know something? For a moment there, I actually thought that'd work."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: The Gang of the Lampshades' Boss ordered Dirty Jack to shoot Amazing Girl if she showed up, despite being fully aware it won't work. He's expecting to get rid of him that way.
- When Amazing Girl shows up to stop the Gang of the Lampshades, their own leader orders them to drop their weapons surrender peacefully. It's not worth fighting a lost battle.
- When Amazing Girl shows up, the head Lampshade orders the gang to save their bullets and just run like hell.
- Discussed: "Bullet to the face, again? Just typical; everyone receives me with a bullet to the face. Why cannot someone give me a little token of appreciation for a change?. It would be more civilized."
- Conversed: "All those wasted bullets, it's kinda sad to think they could have been used to hunt something delicious or to assassinate a corrupt politician"
- Deconstructed: The escalating arms race initiated due to the necessity of effective weapons against super-beings leads to a generation of super-criminals capable to decimating the forces of order with extremely ease. There are simply not enough super-heroes capable of stopping this need breed of highly prepared villains.
- Reconstructed: In a world where the Super Geniuses are not useless, the standard forces of order eventually get equipped with high-end technology capable of withstanding their enemies' weapons with relative ease. That won't dissuade the most obstinate crooks from shooting, but the good guys will be safe.
It's a Too Dumb to Live
! It's an Epic Fail
! It's back to Shooting Superman