Playing With: Hero Killer
Basic Trope: A fearsome villain who is powerful enough to kill even the toughest heroes.
Back to Hero Killer
- Straight: General Drake defeats and kills Bob in battle without much difficulty.
- Exaggerated: Drake kills the entire Five-Man Band without breaking a sweat.
- Justified: Bob may be strong, but he's still mortal. It's only a matter of time before someone stronger comes along and takes him down.
- Inverted: Bob is a One-Man Army who is infamous for killing numerous strong villains, including the feared General Drake.
- Bob survives his encounter with Drake.
- Drake revives Bob after being defeated by the other heroes.
- Double Subverted:
- Only to die by his second encounter with him.
- Alternately Drake turns around to finish the job.
- Parodied: Drake's mansion is decorated with the heads of all the heroes he has slain, just as if they were hunting trophies. And he loves telling the stories of each one of them as if he was talking about fishing trips!
- Zig Zagged: Drake defeats and kills Charlie, but he is easily defeated and driven away by Bob. But Bob just got lucky and Drake stomps him in their next encounter... only for Drake to be killed off by Alice.
- Averted: General Drake isn't a Hero Killer.
- Enforced: The creators want to establish that Anyone Can Die.
- Lampshaded: "We shouldn't fight this guy. He can actually kill us."
- Invoked: Drake studies the fighting styles and tactics of Bob and his team so that he can find ways to counter and kill them.
- Exploited: The boss just decides to send Drake to take care of the heroes whenever they bother him.
- Discussed: "General Drake is easily the most dangerous man alive. Anyone who dares to cross him is either insane or suicidal."
- Conversed: "See that scary-looking guy? By the end of the episode, he'll have killed off someone."
- Drake's power draws the attention of other heroes who decide to team up and focus all their effort on killing him, as he is easily the biggest threat to them.
- Or, Bob's death so enrages his Five-Man Band that they go on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge against Drake.
- Drake's boss becomes afraid of Drake's power and orders him executed out of paranoia that Drake may betray him.
- Played For Laughs: Bob is killed by Drake in every episode in increasingly absurd and comical ways.
- Played For Drama: Drake manages to kill Bob, and the team's last hope of winning against the invasion.
Back to Hero Killer