- Straight: Bob orders The Drink. The entire bar goes quiet as the drink is made and drunk. Cue Intoxication Ensues.
- Exaggerated: The Drink is poured into an incredibly tiny glass, but has the effects of one which was made in a pitcher.
- Downplayed: The Drink simply makes Bob sleepy.
- Justified: Various elements in The Drink are very unusual (alien ingredients, oven cleaner, alien oven cleaner, etc.)
- The dreaded Klatchian Coffee.
- Bob is a teetotaler and orders a sarsaparilla.
- Bob drinks The Drink and feels fine.
- Alternately: The Drink doesn't actually exist. The bar was bluffing.
- Double Subverted:
- Bob drinks The Drink and feels fine. Of course, it was all an act to show off; upon leaving the bar, the effects take their toll.
- The bar doesn't serve anything called The Drink - it's actually called Stomach Pump.
- Various things happen to Bob: his hair falls out, his eyes change color, he hallucinates and falls into a dead faint... Before waking up and asking for a second.
- They use The Drink as a poison for unsuspecting enemies. Or as an improvised emetic.
- Zig Zagged: Different people have different reactions to The Drink.
- Averted: Bob orders a beer.
- Enforced: "We need some humor in the bar scene. Let's have Bob order this ridiculously powerful drink!"
- Lampshaded: "I drank what?"
Bob: "I like it. It's real smooth. Bit of a chemical smell, though."
Barkeep: "Yeah, well, it sneaks up on—"
Bob: "I CAN SEE THROUGH TIME!!!"
- Invoked: On the bar menu is The Drink, listing all the various ingredients and reasons why one shouldn't order it.
- Exploited: Bob buys The Drink... for his rival, which he does not want to see leave the room in healthy condition.
- Defied: Bob's friend Jim tries to get him to order The Drink, but Bob knows better than to do that.
- Discussed: "Man, that guy must have some sort of death wish."
- Conversed: "Are all bars required to have one offered drink that causes temporary seizures?"
- Deconstructed: The Drink is seen to be highly toxic and dangerous, leading to a serious medical issue for Bob or possibly even death.
- Reconstructed: The toxicity only applies to people who haven't spent at least two weeks on Yavin VII in the past three months. People who have still suffer the side effects, but it is no longer dangerous and is in fact done to turn a potentially fatal hangover into a high that lasts for days.
- Played For Laughs: Bob does all sorts of embarrassing hijinks while under the influence of The Drink, which his friends constantly humiliate him with afterwards.
- Played For Drama: Bob dies or is permanently incapacitated because of The Drink. The bar that served The Drink shuts down because of negative publicity and his death/incapacitation leads to a widespread crackdown on dangerous alcoholic beverages.
Back to Gargle Blaster, if you dare.