Nightmare Fuel: The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
- Unlike the rest of the series, this movie is considerably a lot darker and has plenty of horror elements. There's Dennis, the seriously threatening thugs, the brainwashing bucket helmets, the skull infested area, the horrible looking monsters, the trench, the diver, and the climax involving drying up and turning into non-anthropomorphic animals in a gift shop. Worse than all of that, ALL HAIL PLANKTON!!!
- The activation of the bucket helmets.
- Plankton going Not-So-Harmless Villain (to the point of pretty much crossing the Moral Event Horizon) is terrifying as well considering how he usually is.
- The sequence when Plankton begins his takeover is sepia-toned to resemble Triumph of the Will. Let that sink in for a second.
- Then he does it to King Neptune.
- The old lady at the ice cream stand, who turns out to be some kind of giant monstrous frogfish.
- The GIGANTIC deep-sea eel that swallows the anglerfish and the Patty Wagon. It's so monstrous and quite spooky-looking that it surprises Spongebob and Patrick.
- Frozen Mr. Krabs. The worst part is that he can still move, see, and hear what's going on. The whole reason why he is frozen in the first place is for committing a crime he didn't even do and has only six days to stay frozen in place before he's put to death by fire.
- His face is frozen in a permanent scream, too.
- Dennis. Enough said. He's a pretty terrifying villain for a kids movie.
Plankton: HE'S A VICIOUS, COLD-BLOODED PREDATOR!
- One of his creepier moments is when he rips the lips off of the hillbilly brothers after they laughed at him over a stupid joke they made up on the spot and later on punching a thug to his death. These scenes really establish how Dennis is not one to take nonsense of any kind unlike the rest of the funny characters.
- He gets even scarier in his last moment when he is having his Villainous Breakdown and yelling at Spongebob and Patrick about how he is "through messing around" with them. It doesn't help that his eyes are all red, swollen and watering from irritation as he glares down at them.
- (Slasher Smile) "Did you miss me?"
- Shell City, once you see it from SpongeBob's perspective. Just imagine being trapped inside a room with no way out with hundreds of dead people surrounding you.
- Not just dead people, dead people dressed up to be sold like gifts.
- King Neptune's facial expressions can get really freaky at times when he gets real pissed.
- "ALL HAIL PLANKTON! ALL HAIL PLANKTON! ALL HAIL PLANKTON!"