Tearjerker: The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
- Spongebob and Patrick's deaths.
SpongeBob Pat...we did make it.Patrick Yeah...I guess we did.SpongeBob We did all right for a couple of goofballs.
- Also they die happy, knowing that even though they didn't get the crown back, they at least made it to Shell City.
SpongeBob: Well, it looks like what everyone said about us is true, Patrick.Patrick: You mean that we're attractive?SpongeBob: No, that we're just...kids. A couple of kids in way over their heads. We were doomed from the start. I mean look at us. We didn't even come close to the crown. We let everybody down...we failed...
- Their last words, as they Go Out with a Smile, is one last, sad, slow, but nonetheless enthusiastic reprise of the Goofy Goober Song.
- And also, SpongeBob has a short monologue about how they never succeeded in their mission. How broken Tom Kenny makes SpongeBob sound as he's slowly dying does not help:
- Spongebob had been around for five years when this movie came out. He was a legend. Making kids and adults alike smile. When he gets to the trench he just gives up. The Spongebob we all know and love, who had entertained generations with his chocolate selling antics and his fry cooking expertise just collapses, and can't go on.
- After Plankton walks into the Krusty Krab and steals the formula, there's a brief shot of frozen Mr. Krabs shedding a single tear that immediately freezes and hits the ground.
- Spongebob and Patrick's reactions after learning that all their friends back home have become slaves of Plankton.
- "I'm ready...depression..."