Twisted Sister videos include:
Twisted Sister has examples of:
- Animated Music Video
- Berserk Button: Snider hates being associated with pop metal, or at the very least, has very little respect for the subgenre at large, which he has very notably nicknamed "happy metal". Especially the growing tendency towards acoustic power ballads.
- In fact, he classifies his band under the genre name "hid-metal", coined by Snider himself ("hid" standing for hideous, as opposed to glam).
- Careful With That Axe: "You can't escape from the bed you've made; when your time has come, you'll accept the..... BBBLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!!!"
- Christmas Songs: The album A Twisted Christmas.
- Determinator: "Stay Hungry".
- '80s Hair: One of the most blatant examples, which they keep alive in the 21st century.
- The Eighties
- Hair Metal
- Heavy Meta: "I Wanna Rock".
- Heavy Metal
- He Cleans Up Nicely: Compare Dee Snider in the above photo, and how he looks now.◊
- I Am the Band: Jay-Jay French started the band, but Dee Snider is Twisted Sister.
- Instant Convertible: Happens to the girl's car in the music video for "Leader of the Pack".
- Large Ham: Just look at the above picture!
- The teacher in the music video for "I Wanna Rock". And how.
- Long Runner Line Up: The guys in the page image played together only for four years originally (when the drummer joined in 1982, and when he left for his former band in 1986) but remained together ever since the reformation in 2003 (not counting brief reunions in-between) until the drummer died in 2015.
- The Neidermeyer: Played by the Trope Namer himself in the videos for "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock".
- Non-Actor Vehicle: Snider wrote and produced Strangeland about a psychopath obsessed with body modification. It was truly the first horror film in the "Torture" genre.
- Notable Music Videos: "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock" were early MTV classics.
- Popcultural Osmosis
- Repurposed Pop Song: "We're Not Gonna Take It" remains popular at sporting events, political rallies, and protests and has even been used in television commercials. Which makes sense, since Dee Snider dedicated the song to all the assholes he had to deal with.
- Revolving Door Band: From 1972 to 1987, they had four guitarists (Jay Jay French was a constant, but they also had three others), three lead singers, two bassists, and eight drummers.
- Scary Musician, Harmless Music: Everyone looks hideous but the music is standard rock fare. Dee Snider is even known for his prowess in public speaking, such as the 1986 PMRC hearing in the Senate.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: From "We're Not Gonna Take It":"Oh you're so condescending
Your gall is neverending
We don't want nothing, not a thing from you
Your life is trite and jaded
Boring and confiscated
If that's your best, your best won't do"
- Shout-Out: The spoken line "You're all worthless and weak!", heard in the background of "We're Not Gonna Take It", is a quote from Animal House, said by Doug Neidermeyer to his subordinates in ROTC. The band's music videos take it a step farther: Neidermeyer's actor, Mark Metcalf, actually appears in the videos for both "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock", with Stephen Furst (Kent Dorfman) playing the high school principal in the latter. Around half of Metcalf's dialogue in the skit portion of "We're Not Gonna Take It" is taken from Animal House, and his wife even calls him "Douglas C." when trying to calm him down. Yeah, it's safe to say that Dee and the boys are fans.
- Slapstick: A prominant part of the videos for "I Wanna Rock" and "We're Not Gonna Take It".
- Stage Names: Daniel "Dee" Snider, John "Jay Jay" French Segall, Eddie "Fingers" Ojeda, Mark "The Animal" Mendoza (born Mark Glickman) and Anthony Jude "A. J." Pero
- Sticky Bomb/Throw the Pin: In the music video for "I Wanna Rock", The Neidermeyer teacher tries to stop the band by throwing a grenade at them, but he ends up throwing the pin, and the grenade gets stuck on his hand, so he jumps into the school swimming pool to try defusing it, but ends up getting blasted upward, hitting his head on the diving board
- Villainous Crossdresser