- Ear Worm
- Face of the Band: Dee Snider
- Fan Community Nicknames: S.M.F., which Dee Snider notoriously explained to Senator Al Gore stood for "Sick Mother Fuckers" during the 1985 Senate hearing on offensive content in music.
Al Gore (sarcastically): Is this a Christian organization as well?Dee Snider ( equally sarcastically): Not exclusively, but I'm sure you can count several Christians among the members.
- Funny Moments: Just watch the three-minute intro to We're Not Gonna Take It.
- Damn, the entire video runs on this.
- Then the boys finally capitalized on what fans noticed right away about the song and made it official.
- Moment of Awesome: When the Moral Guardians (in the form of Tipper Gore and the PMRC) complained about Twisted Sister's lyrics, Snider testified and delivered a verbal smackdown. You may watch the hearing, also featuring Frank Zappa and John Denver, here.
- Mondegreen: In the Spanish-speaking world, We're Not Gonna Take It is popularly known as "Huevos con Aceite"note . This has been so prevalent that not only did Chilean band Los Mox! include a Shout-Out in its cover of the song, but Twisted Sister themselves have jokingly sung it that way in a few concerts.
- Older Than They Think: While the band had its heyday in the 80s, it was formed in 1972, half to a full decade before its contemporaries.