Music: Britt Nicole
Britt Nicole (born Brittany Nicole Waddell on August 2, 1984) is an American Christian Pop singer.
- Follow the Call (2003; as Brittany Waddell)
- Say It (2007)
- The Lost Get Found (2009)
- Gold (2012)
- The Remixes (2015)
- Brittany Waddell (2004; as Brittany Waddell)
- Holiday Trio (2007)
- Acoustic (2010)
Britt Nicole provides examples of the following tropes:
- British English: "Holiday" uses the British meaning rather than the American one.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: Inverted with "Headphones". Britt is telling the listener that you won't be alone when wearing them."Anytime you feel alone put on your headphones. Love, love's coming through your headphones."
- Multiple Demographic Appeal: Gold was re-released on a mainstream label, and the title track was her first single sent to non-Christian outlets.
- Stage Names: Britt stopped using her surname professionally, which allowed her to avoid The Maiden Name Debate after getting married.
- Older Than They Look: She's 30, and is married with a baby girl, but could pass for one of the teen idols almost ten years her junior.
- Pep Talk Song / Self Empowerment Anthem: Many. "Gold" being her most prominent.
- Self-Harm: The protagonist of the song "When She Cries," cuts herself, and a girl in the "Gold" music video has scars on her wrist.
- Title Track: Every album has one.
- Updated Re Release: Subverted. The only thing different about the re-release of Gold is the album cover and two remixes of the title track.
- A Wild Rapper Appears: Lecrae in "Ready or Not". Britt does this on her own song in "Holiday".