Memes: Code Geass
Code Geass is a show that manages to combine huge crowning moments of awesome with huge narm. This is the perfect combination for the development of Fabulous memes. WE TOLD YOU THIS WOULD GET ITS OWN PAGE SOON! Doubtless there will be more to come in the new Code Geass project(s).
Please add entries in the following format:
Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. [[labelnote:Explanation]]The explanation behind the meme.[[/labelnote]] Explanation
- Further mutations and successor memes, if any.
- Source: Suzaku's infamous whirling kick of death earned him the nickname "Spinzaku". Spinzaku has reached the point of Memetic Mutation where he may in fact be on par with Chuck Norris... or, at the very least, they're allies. Originally, and still valid, it was used as a photoshop base to make Suzaku appear in awkward and hilarious situations
- Mutation: This rapidly evolved into giving him each week, as soon as the episodes are released, a new Fan Nickname of ___zaku. They include Drugzaku, Lolzaku, Runzaku, Roofzaku...and finally, Zerozaku. And later, animated gif makers took the meme and made Suzaku drop-kick whoever came into his path.
- Ascension: A recent Picture Drama gave the semi-canon name of Suzaku's famous kick: The Kururu-kick! Apparently it's both a pun on his name, Kururugi, as well as on the spinning nature, apparently suggested by Todoh. The memetic nature of the kick was actually famous enough that the creators gave it a name!
- And then referenced again in another picture drama, Nunnally in Wonderland, where Suzaku's able to spin his katana and his entire body Lulucopter style so he literally ascends in midair.
- Pictured above: Orange(-kun), and the amazing loyalty he contains.
- Source: The character of Jeremiah Gottwald earned this nickname during the show, and has since become a Memetic Badass.
- Source: Best not to get too deep into how that last one became a meme, really. But if you must know, Nina masturbates with the corner of a table during the series, earning the table the nickname 'Table-kun' and the reputation of a Memetic Sex God.
- Homolust: Suzaku x Lelouch ship
- Source: The Suzaku x Lelouch fangirls have taken the word "homolust" as their battle cry after Suzaku becomes Lelouch's Dragon in episode 21 of R2.
- Mutation: "SUZAKU PENETRATED LULU!!!" (during the end of R2)
- Euphie's fandom nickname, The Euphinator.
- Source: Her actions during the show, particularly when she was accidentally geassed into massacring the Japanese people.
- Code Geass: Code Gayass and Code Ge-ASS
- Pizza Hut references
- Source: While tie-ins aren't uncommon in anime, Code Geass's Product Placement deal with Pizza Hut is blatant enough to both Japanese and American audiences that it's even included in fan art, everything from lunches to use as Censor Steam. This has also given rise to calling the series "Code Grease", as well as the phrase "Pizza Hut supports the Rebellion".
- Lulucoptor or Sayokopter.
- Source: Sayoko, dressed as Lelouch, did a number of helicopter-like spinning moves. Youtube grabbed this and a meme was born.
- Coke Geass. 4chan noticed a trend and related a few characters to different Coca-Cola versions.
- Source: here◊
- Code Trainwreck
- Source: The term popularized by the Code Trainwreck blog of fansubber Miasmacloud, referring to both Code Geass R2's general insanity and its propensity for using plot twists and other ridiculous elements.
- OUGI LIED, ROLO DIED!
- Source: A quick, rhyming summation of the major plot points of the second season.
- Mutation: an extended S1 version: EUPHIE DIES! SUZAKU CRIES! LELOUCH LIES! SCHNEIZEL FLIES! ORENJI FRIES! CLOVIS PIES!
- The S1 version has been extended into an S2 version (just expand the comments), including such lines as KALLEN FLIES! and GINO JIVES! Oh, and a fan, liking the Clovis one, gave us this.◊
- The Emperor's Large Ham
- Source: A number of hammy statements he makes, particularly AAAALLLLL HEIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLL BRITAAAAAANNNNNNNNYYYYEEEH!!!!!!! and RRRRRLLLLLLUUUUSHHYUUUUUUU!!!!!!, in addition to the fact that he's voiced by frequent meme source Norio Wakamoto.
- Mutation: The emperor saying Lelouche for ten minutes. People will tell you that's one hell of a rape face, that his hair is growing, or that after a while it starts to sound like "Lulu Shoe", "Your New Shoe"...
- "Code Geass: It's a show about terrorism"
- "Everything is FABULOUS"
- Source: From R2's second intro, "World End". Near the end of R2, gg's fansubs replaced the translation of "Everything is bright/heart" with a rainbow-colored "Everything is FABULOUS".
- IMA FIRING MY PEWPEWLAZORS!
- Source: The fansub group Your-Mom. The particular line comes from Jeremiah◊.
- Kallen Kouzuki, Daugher of Domon Kasshu. Explanation
- More recently and quickly catching on is the infamous "KALLEN PUNCH!!!" (a.k.a. the Bright Seven-Hit Combo)◊ scene.
- "Code Geass: The awesome Emperocket◊, also known as Rocketmoto.
- Code Geass: Where the Emperor's speech about inequalities between humans can easily be changed to a speech about the inequalities of breasts.
- *clap clap clap*
- "You fellas know full well what this badass mother can do!"
- You guys didn't forget the infamously gorgeous Luluko, did you?
- What about Skirtzaku?
- NANI, MAI HUNNI?!
- What's up, Hunny Bunch?, for the English-dubbed win!
- JIBUN WO~!
- Oh, honestly, Notto Disu Shitto Agen. Silly Emperor. Silly, silly man.
- Code Geass R2 second ED's been parodied with other series/games, including: Suikoden V (Genso), Samurai Warriors, Hetalia, Final Fantasy VII, D.Gray-Man...
- Lelouch's evil laugh, Suzaku's crazy laugh (Lolzaku, indeed) and Emperor Charles' epic laugh are also popular with fans.
- ON BOTH SIDES OF THE SUB/DUB BATTLEFRONT!
- I waited for you, Clovis.
- Courtesy of some really bad fansubs we have Suzaku and the pleasure fish◊.