- In R1 episode 4:
Lelouch: Hail, Your Majesty! My mother, the empress, is dead!
- Our first look at Charles and Lelouch's father-son relationship in an early flashback.
Charles: Old news, what of it?
Kallen: What are you doing?
- When Lelouch spots C.C. in his school when talking to Kallen he grabs her head and turns it back to him to stop her seeing C.C.
Lelouch: What indeed.
- The whole sequence where C.C. just shows up at Lelouch's residence and acts like she owns the place. Capping it off with getting into his bed and:
C.C.: A real gentleman would sleep on the floor.
- In R1 episode 6, the girl who randomly said that she wanted to kiss Milly. The reaction was simple: "Now is not the time to come of the closet".
- Lloyd has one in the 7th episode with him saying, "Alright everyone, pack it up, pack it up! We're done today. Don't do anymore. Hip hip hooray! That's all folks."
- In episode 12 of R1 when the Black Knights are in their hideout, Ohgi brings Zero a letter. The conversation goes something along the lines of this:
Zero: What's this?
Ohgi: A love letter.
Zero: Oh? From you?
Tamaki: [laughs insanely] And they say you have no sense of humor!
Kallen: Tamaki, you laugh too much.
- When Mao is trying to get Shirley to shoot Lelouch, she snaps and starts shouting at both of them. Things suddenly get funny when Mao realizes that she's so hysterical, he can't read her thoughts! "What's going on? It's all jumbled and confused!"
- For a moment, it even looks like Mao is going to pull Screw This, I'm Out of Here! because he's that fed up with Shirley.
- Mao's second episode, where he kidnaps Nunnally. Before he shows up, Suzaku and Lelouch are talking outside the school, only to be interrupted by Rivalz, who asks about when Milly's marriage interview with Lloyd is. Lelouch replies that it's today, and Rivalz freaks out, saying "TODAY?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT IT!?" combined with a collar grab. Lelouch calmly responds "Because it'd make you cry." Rivalz responds by saying boys don't cry, and when Suzaku tries to cut in, he yells "Don't give me your emo routine!" to which poor Suzaku says "Emo?" in the most innocent voice, complete with confused blinking.
- Which is even funnier if you consider that Suzaku's English voice actor also plays as Sasuke from Naruto.
- From the same episode, Mao's explanation for why he was still alive despite eating gunfire from a SWAT team in the previous episode. Not only is Britannian medicine quite advanced, but Lelouch told the police to SHOOT Mao - not to KILL Mao.
- Milly and Lloyd's "blind date" scene. Her shyness/weirded-out expression plus Lloyd's total Cloud Cuckoo Lander attitude ("Let's just get married!") makes it.
- In R1 episode 17, Lloyd is supposed to be signing mountains of paperwork for Suzaku to take part in an execution:
[massive explosion in the distance]
Guard: [panicked] What's going on?
Lloyd: Oh good! We're free of all this hellish paperwork.
- The scene a couple episodes later where he bursts unconcernedly into the student council party and calls Milly "honey bunch" (at least in the dub) is also fully worthy of mention.
Rivalz: Milly, who is this guy?
- Rivalz horrified response when he learns just who Lloyd is is great:
Milly: Rivalz, this is Earl Asplund.
Rivalz: [Double Take] Earl? [bows] It's an honor, your lordship. Now... what did you say your relationship was?
Lloyd: We're betrothed.
Rivalz: [collapses in tears]
- When Lelouch and Euphy are stranded on an island, he attempts to dig a pit trap to catch some of the local wildlife while she volunteers to gather some fruit. Of course, due to his physical unfitness, he can't even manage to get a two-foot hole. Time Lapse to nightfall, where they have lots of fruit and no meat, and Lelouch has an absolutely pitiful expression on his face, which is what really sells the scene.
- In Episode 20 of R1 Euphemia declares her love for Suzaku. In the middle of him fighting for his life.
Euphemia: Suzaku, the truth is I... Um, you...
Suzaku: Pardon, but right now— [slashes gun off an enemy Knightmare]
Euphemia: Suzaku Kururugi I order you to love me!
Suzaku: Right! [beat] Wha-?
Lloyd: They made the beams converge!? But I wanted to be the one to perfect that system!
- When Lloyd sees that Rakshata has perfected the Hadron cannon:
- R1 episode 21, the second school festival:
- World's largest pizza. Prepared by a demilitarized Knightmare frame.
- C.C.'s reaction to said pizza flying into a tree is priceless. Imagine a dramatic zoom-out of a most distraught girl like it was taken straight out of an overblown Shoujo anime, but made hilarious because it's C.C. doing it. Over pizza.
- "Please note that this contraption at my feet is an oven specially built for this occasion; a fabulous waste of money!"
- Cecile playing a Whac-A-Mole game where the "moles" are students popping their heads out of the holes is funny enough on its own, but the way she gleefully keeps on slamming her squeaky hammer on the poor sod unfortunate enough to look a lot like Lloyd and ignoring everybody else while her coworkers comment about it is just hilarious. She ends up breaking the handle and the head flies aways and bops Lelouch in the head.
- Lelouch gets Kallen to go help with the festival's haunted house. This results in Kallen dressed up in a horrible-looking costume with her face painted red, popping up out of a tombstone make of foam rubber and yelling things that she's apparently thinking as she does.
- Kallen grumbling about Lelouch roping her into the job while complaining that only Zero can order her around. Hates My Secret Identity at its subtlest and finest.
- When she scares Ohgi, she realises it's him, and both of them are fairly mortified by the situation, with the tone of their voices all but saying "Let's never speak of this again."
- When Milly guesses Lloyd's real reason for wanting to marry her:
Cecile: You've finally got it. He has no attraction to the opposite sex whatsoever.
Lloyd: [sidelong glance] Oh, I understand the principle well enough...
- The conversation between Zero and Jeremiah in the season 1 finale:
Jeremiah: Mr. Zero, can it really be? What? Oh, what luck, what fate, what evil fortune!
Zero: Is that you, Orange boy?
Jeremiah: I beseech you! I'm begging you, please die.
- Some of Lelouch's expressions in episode one of R2 are disturbingly similar to the Thomas O-Face.◊
- R2 Episode 5, the first school festival in R2:
Shirley: Oh, I'm so happy the coach agreed to do this for us!
- Viletta's response after she is forced to wear a really skimpy swimsuit for a school festival when she was posing as a teacher in R2. Complete with eye twitching!
Viletta: [internally] So help me, Shirley, you'll die a thousand deaths for this!
- Especially funny because Viletta is shown to otherwise hold no ill will towards Shirley even though the latter shot her with intent to kill in the past.
Lelouch: [panting] This... isn't... my strong suit...
- "The thing with Lloyd is... so many things are wrong with him as a human being!"
- "...They're using a Knightmare frame to make a giant pizza?" - Gino
- Lelouch casually pushing C.C into a truck filled with tomatoes when he sees Shirley coming... and then proceeding to close the top on her.
- Lelouch's line "Cats and tomatoes don't mix". JYB's delivery of the line is so serious it's hard to avoid laughing at this point of the episode.
- The chase after Arthur. This includes Suzaku, Milly, who's chasing him, Kallen in the above chubby mascot costume, and Lelouch. Kallen and Lelouch are chasing after the Ganymede, which is holding a tub of tomatoes with C.C. inside after Lelouch pushed her in there. Gino, who takes control of the Ganymede, nearly runs over Arthur while on the road to the place where they're baking the giant pizza. Suzaku, who's supposed to be piloting, is chasing Arthur, who grabbed a quill pen that used to be Euphie's. All that was missing was "Yakety Sax". And so...
- When Lelouch is outrun by Suzaku, Kallen in a chunky, full-body mascot costume, Shirley, the Student Council president, Milly in a VERY fancy dress...
- R2 Episode 6:
Lloyd: That's because I'm working directly under little Charlie now.
- Lloyd prancing into the room, complete with a twirl. Then this exchange happens:
Commander: Are you referring.... to His Majesty!?
Cecile: Please forgive him, sir. Lloyd, please!
Lloyd: Hmm? Did I say something wrong?
Lord Guilford: I see that you haven't changed.
- "Tag, you're dead." - Anya.
- In an incident with Cecile's cooking in R2 Episode 7, Lloyd accidentally eats one of Cecile's sandwiches and runs off, presumably to the bathroom. This in itself is not the funny bit; what is funny is that the normally stoic Guilford makes the most disgusted face when he watches Lloyd put that thing in his mouth.
- R2 Episode 8, with the Elevens dressing up as Zero. The first time we see the Zero clones, a dog wearing a Zero mask is clearly visible in the foreground.
- In the same episode, Tamaki (dressed as Zero) motivates the other Zeros to join them in their exile. Clearly he picked up a lot of Zero's exaggerated mannerisms.
- In R2 Episode 11, near the end of the Chinese Federation story arc, Diethard suggests arranging a political marriage between the Chinese Empress (who they just saved) and one of the Black Knights. Before Lelouch can offer his two cents, one by one every single high-ranking female Black Knight rejects the notion and calls Diethard an idiot, stunning even Lelouch. This includes the normally stoic C.C., militaristic Chiba, and lackadaisical Rakshata. And then Zero dodges the issue by acting like Tamaki is important.
- And before that, Zero's ridiculous pose when he assured Tianzi that she will not be a puppet of the Black Knights.
- R2 Episode 12, the Cupid's Day Chase:
Lelouch: Oh well, she can take my place in Phy. Ed from here on.
- Shirley finding out about Lelouch being set up with 108 dates. Cue a very frustrated look on her face and an epic Say My Namenote
- The scene in R2 episode 12 where Shirley calls out Lelouch for being a womanizer (actually Sayoko's doing) while the entire student body watches
- The best part of Cupid's Day was when Sayoko as Lelouch ran past the Seduction Squad and yelled "Your bodies are of no interest to me!" All of the girls are stunned (despite the fact that Lelouch has been completely asexual the whole series) except for one who says halfheartedly, "Huh, I'm kind of in shock."
- The entire sequence of Sayoko running around as Lelouch is comedy gold because of how over the top it is; actually asks her to "please stop making me say strange things" (but not in response to the above line, sadly).
- The dub made it even funnier. As Sayoko/Lelouch avoids what looks like the school's rugby team, she jumps off of them yelling "Fare thee well!"
- Lelouch also mentions how it's pointless for him to commande Sayoko to stop since that's just how she is. However he can think of one good thing from this:
Viletta: Lady Knight of Six, this is the operation area of the Intelligence Agency. Please move your Knightmare Frame away immediately.
- The Cupid's Day chase, where Anya deployed her massive mech. The conversation doesn't read as funny as it is on the show, but Anya and Viletta's exchange was awesome when heard.
Anya: [in utterly innocent voice] It's not okay?
Viletta: [almost facefaults] It's not okay!
Anya: [sounding disappointed] It's not okay...
- Not to mention she really has no reason to go chasing after Lelouch as everyone else does, being neither attracted to him nor a member of a club yet she still picks an extreme way to catch him.
- Well... maybe. Between having a person looking very much like him in her past, and every other girl her age in the series being attracted to him, it's not that strange. It's not as if Anya would be half as obvious as anyone else about such things.
- It's even better: the deployment of the mech leads to the entire nation entering DEFCON 2 and preparing for a terrorist attack.
- In a bit of meta-humor, episode 18 of R2 has Suzaku on the wrong end of a Curb-Stomp Battle with Kallen. Everything he tries is easily defeated, and he finally tries to close in with his patented Spinzaku kick. Kallen uses the Guren's wing to cut the leg off. This is when Suzaku decides he's screwed. Not when she blocked dozens of Hadron Cannon blasts then destroyed the blaster. Not when she broke right through his shield with her claw and destroyed the arm. No, it's when his signature move fails that he loses hope.
- A small one in R2 episode 21; Anya whom is controlled by Marianne at the moment was mere moments away from drawing on a sleeping Suzaku's face in a manner near identical to early pokemon series Jigglypuff.
- At the beginning of R2 episode 23, after Pendragon City is nuked, Jeremiah (hammily) admonishes some people not to spread rumors about the event...by hamming at them before, during, and after casually jumping out of his mecha into the midst of the group.
- It even manages to sneak one into the "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: Jeremiah "Orange-kun" Gottwald works on a farm...growing oranges. This is even more hilarious when you consider that, way back when, he chose demotion as a punishment over being forced to work on an orange farm.
- When Oghi and Viletta meet up again in R2, asking the same question fans had after he organized the Black Knights' betrayal of Lelouch.
Oghi: ...I love you!
Viletta: Are you an idiot?
- The fact that Lelouch is taking remedial PE.
- A very subtle moment was when the Black Knights were taking refuge in the Chinese embassy. C.C. and Kallen were talking while repairing guns and C.C. is unable to fix hers, and it flies out of her hand while she's in mid-sentence, then she picks it up and continues talking like nothing happened.
- "Code Geass Hangyaku" from the DVD which showed Sayoko's first meeting with Suzaku and her initiation into the Black Knights.
- After Suzaku killed Bismarck, the screen slowly pans to Xin-Ke , who lost to Bismarck in the 2nd battle of Tokyo.
- Emperor Charles saying Lelouch's name in the anime sounds more like he's impersonating a car engine.
- Yuri Lowenthal (voice of English dub Suzaku) once said a funny yaoi line "Lelouch, even though you're Zero I still love you. Now take off your pants!"
- Right before C.C. runs off with Marianne (Anya) to flee the Black Knights, she says she has to go grab something first. When you later see her in the Mordred, she's holding Cheese-kun
- After C.C. loses her memories and reverts back to her slave days, Lelouch seems to forget about this fact at the beginning of the next episode when he jokingly commands her to sing him a song while hopping on one foot with her clothes inside out and then being shocked when she actually starts turning her clothes inside out.
- C.C. is craving for the world largest pizza and is wearing a school uniform to blend with the crowd. Lelouch calls her out because the military and the media are on the campus. C.C. then says she'll wear a disguise. Fast forward to next festival, said disguise is just the same school uniform with a pair of fancy headphones on her head. Lelouch is not amused.
- Kallen is thrilled to be reunited with her fellow Black Knights after Zero saved them from execution. Tamaki is running straight into her arms... except Kallen jumps into Oghi's arms instead, causing Tamaki to stumble and fall.
- When you realize that Lelouch wearing a fancy dress looks better than most of the actual girls is both hilarious and awkward.
Milly: I just lost my self-confidence as a girl...
- The best part comes when Milly insists that they should all act like the opposite gender as well as dress like them.
Nina: Why are you all so good at this?
- The best part comes when Milly insists that they should all act like the opposite gender as well as dress like them.
- Given its premise, it's expected that this OVA would have its moments. But did anyone really expect to see Charles vi Britannia as the King of Hearts, complete with a crown covered in giant red Valentines that flash like neon lights? And then there's the end, where the cast gangs up on Lelouch for Geassing them into acting out the story, culminating in him being dressed up as The Mad Hatter. Complete with a fabulous outfit and requisite hammy laugh.
- Lelouch's constant side-comments that only slightly exaggerate his overprotectiveness and devotion to his beloved baby sister. From lamenting that if he could shrink her and keep her safe in his pocket, he wouldn't have started a world war for her....to scolding her ("This Is Unforgivable!, Nunnally!") for daring to think about finding a husband, and vowing to prove that he can take care of her for the rest of her life! C.C., true to herself and her character, lampshades this, even going as far as to call Lelouch "controlling". And since she's immune to Geass, one can only wonder if it really is being played up for laughs...
- Anya/The White Rabbit challenging Kallen/The March Hare for the role of cute mascot of Wonderland.
- The battle between Suzaku and Gino (the White and Red Knight respectively) is shown with paper dolls. It ends with Suzaku spinning his sword so fast that he flies, then unleashing an ultimate Spinzaku kick.
- During the school festival in R2, Lelouch starts out in the chubby mascot costume, but switches with Kallen, who uses a voice-changer to sound like Lelouch. Then Shirley and a swarm of Lelouch fangirls show up and demand that "Lelouch" take off the costume, and Kallen winds up being chased all throughout the rest of the festival.
- Later, when C.C has lost her memories, Kallen is assigned to take care of her. After giving C.C. a pizza, she tries to strike up a conversation, but C.C ignores all in favor of eating the pizza. This makes Kallen flash back to when she and C.C were living together after the Black Rebellion, with C.C being a total brat and ordering her around. The next panel shows Kallen with an angry look on her face holding the pizza out of the reach of C.C., who's crying and trying to get it back.
- The same manga has a bonus chapter (in vol.6 of the US release) which is almost entirely CMOF. Kallen enters Lelouch's room while he's doing repairs to the Zero costume (with C.C. munching on pizza nearby) and he struggles to hide the incriminating evidence. But the crowning crowning moment comes when Lelouch is covering Kallen's eyes; C.C. pokes her head out from under the bed, then goes for the Zero mask, while Lelouch thinks "Good! Hide the mask!"...and then the next panel shows C.C. sitting on the couch, wearing the mask and holding a glass of wine, to Lelouch's utter shock and frustration. Just as a cherry on top, she spends the entire rest of the story with the mask and wine.
- In the audio stories, Lelouch and Suzaku go on a childhood mission to save a small bird. Eight year old Lelouch employs pyrotechnics and sabotages every car at the Kururugi shrine so they can hotwire one and escape. All of this is detailed in eight year old Lelouch's inner monologue, in the exact same tone he uses when commanding the Black Knights. The only thing missing was him saying "All tasks at hand are cleared."
- The Stage 8.75 Picture Drama, especially when Milly and Shirley falsely believe Lelouch is attracted to Cornelia.
- It's especially funny because Milly is aware that Cornelia is his sister. So she's thinking... yeah.
- Two seconds later she suggests the same thing between Lelouch and Nunnally.
- And Lelouch and Nunnally go along with it. Hopefully, they were just trying to mess with Shirley...
- This Picture Drama. Lelouch as an Elegant Gothic Lolita? Suzaku and Rivalz crossdressing and loving it? Nunnally as a Covert Pervert of sorts? SIGN ME UP!
- Jeremiah's typically hammy narration on the "Kiseki no Birthday" picture drama. Especially when he trolls Kallen by giving her a very unwanted internal monologue. Considering everything he went through after she almost killed him, he'd probably wanted to do that for a while...
- "I'm the narrator! You can't argue with me!"
- Stage 1 reveals that Ashford Academy has a student-run radio show over PA at lunch time. One day, Lelouch was the host and he was reading ideas aloud from a suggestion box for the main event if the next School Festival and... well, he really should have checked first.
Lelouch: Let me introduce our first postcard. It's from a student who calls herself, "Pizza Lover."
[aloud] Hello, this is my first time writing. I know this is sudden, but I love pizza. I love it so much I don't know what to do. I like all kinds of toppings, and I don't mind if I eat pizza three times a day. Actually, I do eat pizza three times... a day?
[continues reading] And here is my suggestion. How about trying to create the biggest pizza at the school festival? I bring this up because the guy I live with is nagging me about my pizza eating habits. He says that my diet is unbalanced, or that it's my fault that others think that he loves pizza, too. He also thinks I should show more restraint since I'm staying at his place for free. Sheesh, I can't believe he would say this, because if I wasn't around... he wouldn't, um, even know how to treat a lady...
Suzaku: [notices Lelouch growing paler with each read sentence] Lelouch?
Lelouch: ...So please try to create the world's largest pizza to show this idiot how great it is. Thank you!
- Just the fact that C.C. is singlehandedly responsible for starting the biggest pizza tradition in Ashford Academy while accidentally trolling Lelouch in the process is worth a chuckle in and of itself.
- The narration takes a moment to mention that the student body likes the show the best when it's Milly or Lelouch's turn at the microphone. Milly because she's an entertaining host, full of enthusiasm and she never runs out of stories and jokes to tell. Lelouch is just as popular despite putting in just the minimum effort necessary because the girls just love to hear his voice.
- After excusing himself, Lelouch goes to complain to C.C. about the postcard and finds her happily sleeping in his bed.
Lelouch: [pokes her head] Hey, wake up. C.C.!
C.C.: [no response]
Lelouch: If you don't wake up, I'm going to throw you out of the bed. Wake up!
C.C.: [no response]
Lelouch: ...Thank you for waiting. Here is your large seafood pizza.
C.C.: [wakes up] ...Huh? I thought I ordered the seasonal special, the extra spicy salami today...
- In Stage 2, a lost Big, Friendly Dog (later revealed to be Sebastian, Milly's Great Pyrenees) enters Lelouch's place and the first thing it does is give C.C. The Glomp.
- Nunnally decides to give the dog a temporary name. C.C. decides to be mature about it.
Nunnally: Oh, [so] this is a white dog? Then your name must be Snow. Snow?
Nunnally: Oh, it answered!
C.C.: [Quizzical Tilt] Spot.
C.C.: Sister complex.
C.C.: This dog answers to anything.
- It turns out that's one thing Lelouch and C.C. have in common:
C.C.: You like animals, Nunnally?
Nunnally: Yes. Usually I prefer cats, but I love dogs too. My brother only likes dogs though.
C.C.: Hm. I can see that.
Nunnally: But lately he said that he's reconsidering cats now too.
C.C.: Oh? Why is that?
Nunnally: He said it's because cats are better than humans who are like cats. Cats may not obey you, but at least they're quiet and won't say unnecessary things, and he doesn't have to spend money for their food. If it was a human, he would want to throw the pizza he or she is eating at their face, but if it's a cat he can forgive it.
C.C. I see. [thinking] That bastard.
- After Lelouch comes back home, C.C. throws a pillow at his face and says "You should be thankful that it's not pizza." He has no idea what she's talking about.
- The cosplay scene, the highlights being Suzaku in a cheerleader outfit, Lelouch in a wedding dress and Rai looking like he wants someone to kill him while wearing a qipao with fake boobs.
- If the player manages to have Rai romance Nunnally... Lelouch will NOT be pleased.
Lelouch: [to Rai] Don't call me [brother]!