Yukiteru is living with his family friends, after playing with candles and accidentally burning his house down as a child. Unfortunately, Yuno reacted poorly to them moving out to their own home when it was finished and it was time to leave, so they have continued to do so for years. Now in high school, they are living their life as normal until Rena, who is jealous of their closeness, makes a surprise move.
manga by Masahiro Itosugi
, Uwakoi revolves around a growing love triangle between Yuno, Rena and Yukiteru.
Uwakoi provides examples of:
- Beware of the Nice Ones: Yuno. But with name like that, what were you expecting?
- Catapult Nightmare: Yukiteru has them frequently, remembering his house burning down. It may be subverted — at the end of chapter one, he points out that he actually found the destruction beautiful.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Not only the names, but the atmosphere makes the audience wonder if the ending may have something to do with a boat...
- Dysfunction Junction: Yukiteru is Pyromaniac, Rena seems to be sexual sadist, and Yuno is Yandere
- Fanservice: Yuno's spandex leaping in chapter one, then Rena's School Swimsuit right afterwards.
- Genki Girl: Yuno
- Genre Savvy: One of possible interpretations of why Yukiteru secretly dates Rena while not breaking up with Yuno in public. Its because he knows she has mental problems, and tries to stay away from her, but knows what will happen if he actually rejects her. Of course given how blatantly bold and reckless his and Rena antics are, he is not Savvy enough.
- Good People Have Good Sex: Mostly averted. When Yukiteru and Rena have sex, its not very healthy and normal. As of 7th chapter, they are having sex during Rena sleepover at Yuno and Yukiteru house, during which Rena smothers him with pillow to make him quiet, lampshading it looks like she is murdering him - which he seems to either enjoy or is scared of, or both. Yuno doesn't seems to have had sex with Yukiteru at all. Yet.
- Love Triangle
- Meaningful Name: Possibly coincidental, but having the two main characters named Yukiteru and Yuno gave pretty much every reader an Oh Crap moment, and hinted to at least one of their personality traits.
- Ojou: Rena. She comes across as almost an Alpha Bitch, frowning upon Yuno's displays of affection towards Yukiteru. This is because she's in love with him, and is his "mistress".
- Pyromaniac: Yukiteru. To the point that he burned his house down on accident as a child.
- Secret Keeper: Kaori
- Spiritual Successor: To Aki Sora, which was discontinued in Japan due to the incestuous content and the current batch of Moral Guardians scaring the publishers.
- Yandere: Implied that Yuno is one, by her sister. So far she shown nothing worse that jealousy toward Yukiteru and Rena being too friendly.
- Until chapter 13, when upon seeing Yukiteru and Rena sleeping in same futon, she gets yandere eyes, walks out of room, and then return with knife. As if it wasn't bad enough, its implied she either killed, or at least violently scared off other girl who got too close to him in past.