Manga: Lolita Complex Phoenix
Lolita Complex Phoenix
is a manga written by Satoru Matsubayashi, and it's about a self-appointed hero of the little girls, who defends them from the Lolicons
who lurk for them... all while making himself look like one by accident most of the time.
As of January 22, 2011, the series has been completed with 25 chapters. The author has announced a sequel in the works, entitled Lolita Complex Phoenix BL
- Accidental Pervert: Happens to Phoenix at least Once an Episode.
- Adults Are Useless: Obviously subverted with Phoenix and the policemen, but the rest of the adults are either really gullible or bad guys themselves.
- Apathetic Teacher: Mia's teacher. In the school trip chapter, she doesn't even care that the manager of the inn looks very suspicious,note all she cares about is getting drunk.
- Art Evolution: Noticeable from chapter 5.
- Ass Shove: Phoenix uses this as a form of an attack and he can get really creative with them.
- Author Avatar: A stick figure.
- Bishōnen: Rose the Hottie, who had facial reconstruction surgery in order to be this trope.
- Butt Monkey: Phoenix. Mia's butler, Yamada, also takes his fair share of abuse.
- Calling Your Attacks
- Catch Phrase/Arc Words: "My name is Phoenix, protector of little girls and an ally of justice. I'm also 26 and unemployed."
- Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate: The BL group tends to get in these kinds of arguments a lot (one guess to what the arguments relate to), much to Aoi's annoyance.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Pretty much everyone except for Mia and Aoi. Which leads to them being...
- Crapsack World: Machida City can't be anything other than this, being overrun with pedophiles.
- Deadpan Snarker: Aoi.
- Distracted by the Sexy: This is pretty much Rose the Hottie's power, and he uses it to brainwash little girls into letting him do all sorts of obviously lewd things to them.
- Distressed Damsel: Mia.
Phoenix: What's the matter Mia? Do you need saving again?
- Enemy Mine: Phoenix and the BL Group in the finale, after Mia falls ill.
- Failure Is the Only Option: All of the Bl Group's plans not involving directly assaulting lolis. A good example is when they open a store that only sells clothing for little girls and it gets closed down in one day due to the police arresting them for harassing the customers.
Aoi: These guys just don't learn...
- Gonk: Phoenix's mother.
- Groin Attack: Variations of this trope are used very often by Phoenix and the BL Group members (since one of, if not ''the'' easiest way to subdue a male opponent is to kick him the balls), but Spiral Rikimaru turns it Up to Eleven with the Rikimaru Spiral (which is to slam the opponent's balls down on logs planted into the ground and arranged in a circle at high speed). It's a wonder how nobody has been made sterile after suffering some of the attacks that are seen in the series.
- Have I Mentioned That I Am Heterosexual Today: The BL group and Phoenix have a massive aversion of anything even slightly homoerotic.
- Horrible Camping Trip: More like Horrible Hiking Trip for the BL group.
- Hot-Blooded: Any masked character.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: All of the titles are named "The Phoenix and X".
- Jerkass: Godou-kun, one of Mia's classmates.
- Laughably Evil: The BL group. Sure, they're all pedophiles, but it's hard not to laugh at their antics and bizarre appearances. Then there's the fact that that they're hilariously incompetent at anything outside of molesting lolis...
- Locked in a Room: Happens to Phoenix, Mia, Kaiser, Aoi, Danny and Kerorin in the last chapter.
- Mask Power
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Phoenix is really weak, in spite that he looks like Final Fight's Mike Haggar with a bird as his head. The BL Group members aren't exactly strong either.
- Not So Different: As the series goes on, you'll notice that Phoenix isn't that much different than the BL Group other than the fact that he won't plot to have sex with little girls.
- Oblivious to Love: Though he has wild fantasies of her, Phoenix is obviously unaware that his cousin Marika does have a crush on him: she just can't stand what he's turned into.
- The Ojou: Mia, though she refuses to admit it.
- Running Gag: "Oh, it's just a bird of paradise."
- School Festival: Part of the three-part finale.
- Sequel Hook: The poster in the final chapter.
Aoi: Um...Commander, what's up with this ridiculous poster.
Kaiser: Next up is the start of our new series!
- Shout-Out: One to Ippo's Dempsey Roll, of all things.
- Swiss Army Appendage: Kaiser uses a huge cat tail (that he calls "Mistoltein") on his crotch. Ack!
- Those Two Guys: The two policemen that appear from time to time.
- Twenty Five Chapter Manga
- Unfortunate Names: Subverted with Mia's dog. Its name is "Pes" but everyone mixed up its name with a certain part of the male body. It's then Double Subverted when the butler informs that "Pes" is not it's real name and its name really does turn out to be the name everyone else calls it.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: Subverted. Kaiser already learned that Aoi was a boy, but completely forgot. Hilarity Ensues when he's reminded about it.
- Villainous Crossdresser: Angel♥Love, who runs an lingerie shop just so he can sexually harass girls.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The BL Group are usually mortified at Phoenix's rather eccentric ways of fighting them...mostly because his methods are as questionable as their methods.
BL Mook: W-What a paper-thin difference between us and this guy!
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Aoi