open/close all folders
Films — Live-Action
- Amélie, but here it represents heartbreak rather than lust. You could say that she dissolved into tears.
- Happens to animated Lizzie in The Lizzie McGuire Movie.
- Looney Tunes:
- Quite possibly the earliest example of this trope is the 1944 short Swooner Crooner, where the singing of a Frank Sinatra Expy rooster causes one hen to melt where she stands.
- The above would be neck and neck with Plane Daffy, also from 1944. Daffy gets kissed by spy Hata Mari, lights up like a Christmas tree, then goes all liquid, dribbling down a flight of stairs and through a crack in the floor. These two cartoons were both directed by Frank Tashlin.
- In the 1956 Popeye cartoon "Parlez Vous Woo": When Popeye kisses her hand, Olive turns red, blows steam out of her ears, then melts into a thin flat Olive-Oyl-shaped puddle conforming to the contours of the staircase. Her comment: "I'm just like butter in your hand!" (Which sounds more like something Popeye would need if Olive weren't around....)
- Tiny Toon Adventures used this a lot. It happened to Buster Bunny in the Pilot, to Babs during the Christmas Special (After both were kissed by the other) and Plucky during the "Acme Bowl" and "Pluck Twacy" episodes (Both times after being fondled by an attractive female).
- Animaniacs also utilised this repeatedly. It happened to Dot (and some aliens) in "Space Probed" after their inner fantasies were projected on a screen, and to Minerva Mink in both of her focus episodes, after seeing Trudy's cousin/Werewolf Wilford (and to Wilford in "Moon Over Minerva", due to Minerva flirting with him).
- Played with in Ren and Stimpy. During a "Fantastic Voyage" Plot, Ren encounters and falls in love with a female bacterium. He collapses into a puddle after the first kiss... because she sucked out his skeleton.
- Rocko's Modern Life
- The titular character in the episode "S.W.A.K", after he learns that his crush doesn't have a boyfriend.
- He also pulls a variant when he melts with pleasure at the sight of a "sad crying clown in an iron lung" for sale, as he'd always wanted one.
- In the first half of the "Sludge King" two parter of The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat, Felix does this when he sees Candy for the first time.
- He also does this in "Love At First Slice" after being fondled by Nastassia Slinky.
- Spliced: Happens to Patricia when she first sees Eduardo, during "Amazon."
- Captain Flamingo: Happened to Lizabeth in "Blindsided" when she heard Otto's "Suave Voice."
- Ed, Edd n Eddy: Happens to both Eddy and Kevin in "Pop Goes the Ed", when they first see Naz in her bikini.
- Teen Titans: In "Fractured", Larry does this after getting a hug from Starfire.
- Droopy, Master Detective: Happens to Rumpley in a Screwball Squirrel short called "A Screwball Romance", when he sees the cute poodle Fifi.
- Happened to Kellaway and Doyle after seeing Cookie BaBoom without her suicide belt bikini on The Mask: The Animated Series.
- Dexter the octopus did this once in Flipper And Lopaka, after being seduced by a jellyfish posing as an octopus.
- Happened to Casper in The Spooktacular New Adventures Of Casper episode "Poil Jammed" when Poil sweet-talks him into helping her be scary so Spooky will like her.
- In Groove High, Zoe melts into a puddle of water when Dom (Tom in disguise) compliments her.
- In the Sidekick episode "News at 11AM", Vana melts like wax when she first meets Allan Amazing.
- This happens to Charlie Horse in the Bob Clampett cartoon It's a Grand Old Nag after his Hollywood crush Hay-dy La Mare kisses him for saving her from a fire.
- The Wacky World of Tex Avery: In the Power Pooch segment "P.P. Loves Fifi," Power Pooch melts after the beautiful Fifi passes by. Though the actual melting happens offscreen, the puddle he becomes is seen after Fifi leaves.
- Used in a demonstrative sense in the Family Guy episode "Twelve Angry Men," Quagmire has his fellow jury members simulate the positions of an orgy. He then takes his position, "the butterpat," climbing on top of the pile and literally melting all over them.
- In the Quack Pack episode "Heavy Dental," Huey melts into a puddle of steaming water after getting a good look at the gorgeous Agent X.