- The mouth is a zig-zagged line but isn't as sharp as it could be, hinting at an animal-like nature (i.e. many Heartless from Kingdom Hearts apply)
- The mouth looks very sharp looking, or is very long hinting at insanity. both can usually end in a Goth Spirals at either end of the mouth.
- This sort of mouth can appear in two varieties; the first is in a character's sillouhette, showing how sinister they are while they are in the shadows, this smile is used a lot with the Glowing Eyes of Doom. the second is when it appears on a person's shadow which has the same effect and can be used for the same purposes. this especially works well with characters that don't have jagged mouths in the first place.
- This version of a Jagged Mouth is used on a character as part of their normal design. The character has intelligence, humanity etc., but it is neither animalistic nor a villain; and as a result it could unintentionally help lead the hero to misunderstand it as evil, or animalistic.
open/close all folders
- Nearly all Heartless from Kingdom Hearts, as well as some Nobodies have these
- The Dark Bats from Sonic Unleashed.
- Various Final Fantasy enemies
- The dragons in the Disgaea series have this sort of mouth, as do their more humanoid cousins, the Entei.
- The Brachydios and Gore Magala from the Monster Hunter series both sport this sort of mouth. Closer inspection will reveal that they have proper teeth that are mostly obscured by the jagged edges.
- Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights has Treasure Animatis that sport these. mostly in their feral forms.
- Chillion From Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
- Water Glaboros from Kirbys Return To Dreamland
- A few Pokémon feature this sort of mouth, such as Swampert and Dusknoir.
- The Living Weapon Soul Robber from The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge has this mouth in most of its artwork.
- Kitsunoh of the Create-a-Pokémon project wears Cool Masks with jagged, smiling mouths, befitting the design of a Ghost-type Pokemon.
- Bulkhead from Transformers Animated.