open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Azumanga Daioh ends with a very plain picture of the girls walking happily together when they all graduate.
- The ending of Fullmetal Alchemist has this except it's a future photo of the characters years after the Final Battle. With added Babies Ever After!
- Lady Jewelpet ends with a picture of everyone who studied/taught at the Jewel Palace.
- Both the original last chapter of the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Striker S manga and the bonus chapter released one and a half years later end with a group shot of the Riot Force 6 Forwards and their mentors.
- One of the endings of One Piece ends this way, with the Straw Hats posing for a group picture, only for the camera to fall during the shooting, messing up the photo.
- Patlabor: The final episode of The Mobile Police/New Files continuity ends with a group shot of the members of SVU's 2nd division, along with Shinobu Nagumo, the 1st division's captain.
- Subverted at the end of Pokémon episode 40, "The Battling Eevee Brothers": Psyduck sets up a camera for a group photo of all the episode's characters, then trips trying to get into place when the timer goes off. At least that's the way the episode ends for the heroes; the actual last scene is of Team Rocket lamenting the failure of their latest scheme.
- The Best Wishes saga closes with a picture of Ash and all of the Pokémon he has under his care bunched together in one frame.
- It's not part of the series proper, but the post-series picture drama of Code Geass ends with this image◊ of an expanded student council group, as if they could all be together.
- The final shot of 1990's Street Fighter ends with most of the characters taking a pose vaguely resembling the ones they take in Street Fighter II.
- Lethal Weapon 4 ends with the main cast getting a picture taken to celebrate the birth of Lorna's baby. The credits showcase a 'scrap book' of pictures with the whole cast and crew, either in groups or taken during production (to the tune of "Why Can't We Be Friends?").
- The prologue of Hellboy closes on a photo of Hellboy with Dr. Broom and the US Army platoon which found him, which then segues into the opening credits sequence.
- Animal House ends with a still of the Delta gang as the credits roll.
- Speed Racer shows a picture of the Racer family in the trophy ceremony after the Grand Prix, as well as pictures of Taejo and Royalton, as parts of newspaper and magazine headlines which describe the end of the story (the rejoice of the Racers, the testification of Taejo, which leads to Royalton being sent to jail).
- The Tigger Movie ends this way, with the photo having been placed in a locket that then closes up.
- Lemonade Joe ends with the main characters posing for a wedding photo in front of a stagecoach. Then they are seen Riding into the Sunset.
- The last scene with dialog in Six Feet Under is of the cast getting a group photo. Then, however, there's a montage that flashes through decades, and the absolute last scene lingers on several other photos.
- The miniseries version of Jane Eyre (2006) ends up with her family sitting outside of their house, being painted for a family portrait.
- Walker, Texas Ranger ended with a photo of the main cast, along with the caption/narration "Until We Meet Again".
- The Mass Effect 3 DLC campaign "Citadel" ends with a group photo of Shepard and whatever former and current squadmates and notable Normandy crew are still alive. This photo then stays projected onto the wall of Shepard's new apartment. In a meta way, it also serves as the ending to the entire Shepard trilogy, as "Citadel" was the final piece of content produced for it (though chronologically, it comes before the game's ending).
- In the Persona series:
- The Persona 3 characters did this after defeating the 12th Shadow. Subverted however, since they quickly found out that their task was not over.
- Played Straight in the ending of Persona 4, which has the Protagonist leaving Inaba sitting in a train, looking at the photo of the whole group.
- The Persona 4: Golden Vita Updated Re-release of the original game adds in a "Golden Ending" epilogue (if the player meets certain criteria) which ends with another photo being taken (which shows the cast a year after the original ending, with new appearances which reflect their Character Development).
- The original Modern Warfare showed a group picture of Lt. Vasquez, Gaz, Capt. Price, and Sgt. Griggs after the Closing Credits, even though all four of them have never been in the same spot in the game and only Price survived it.
- Ghost Trick ends with a portrait of a lone Sissel on top of a group picture of the other main characters. Sissel jumps down the portait into the picture, symbolizing him joining his new family.
- Used in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. Version 1 is seen after the ending montage and shows all friendly chacters having their photo taken, Version 2 is seen after beating Hard Mode and has every character and boss in the game in a much bigger group photo.
- Sonic Advance 3 ends this way in Ending A.
- After the fourth and final game in the Five Nights at Freddy's series was released, Scott Cawthon posted an image of every animatronic in the series◊note on his website with "Thank You!" printed on it.
- The True Pacfist ending of Undertale is one if you chose to leave the underground. However, if you have completed Genocide Run before, the group photo would have everyone crossed out by you, implying Chara has taken over you and murdered everyone else, this cannot be undone.
- Ace Attorney:
- Case 1-4 (orginally the ending of the first game before the Updated Re-release) ends with the reveal of the picture taken by Lotta Hart of Phoenix and his friends celebrating their victory. Turns out the ghost of Mia Fey decided to celebrate with them.
- Trials and Tribulations has a variation in its final case, where, rather than a picture, a notebook with a drawing of the main cast is used to the same effect. In a bittersweet turn, the other page has another group picture of three main/important characters who lost their life.
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth ends with an unsanctioned group photo.
- In Avatar: The Last Airbender, the villains' Beach Episode ends with a photo of Azula and friends smiling for the camera as the beach house goes down in flames.
- The last episode of X-Men: Evolution ends this way.
- An episode of Goof Troop ends with a two-family picture at a barbecue. No one notices before the shot, but the kicked-aside grill has set the house on fire.
- The Simpsons episode "Homer at the Bat" ends with a picture of the winning Springfield Nuclear Power Plant softball team, including the members whose fates were unfortunate.
- The My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" ends exactly the same way as the opening ends, with a crowded cast shot much like the one from the intro and Spike sending it off to Luna and Celestia. There's a good reason for it: the cutie marks the Cutie Mark Crusaders obtained in this episode.