A genre (mainly) of Video Games
. This type of game focuses on elements like gathering and management of resources
, costruction, expansion, research and exploration. Combat may exist, but isn't the point of pure Construction And Management Games
there is a goal, it usually is to reach a certain settlement size, to gather a certain amount of units of a resource, to construct/research certain objects.
Most Space Management Games
and City Building Series
games and many Real-Time Strategy
games overlap with this. Depending on how detailed the interactions are, many can also be considered Simulation Games
. Most of these take the form of (isometric or 3D) Real-Time Strategy
with a Non-Entity General
, but many take the perspective of individuals in a third-, first-person or side view
Tropes typically encountered in this genre of games:
- Alien Legacy
- Anno Domini
- Battleship Craft
- Build-a-Lot series of Casual Video Games
- Caesar series.
- Immortal Cities Children Of The Nile
- The Chocolatier series of games from Play First has the player help to rebuild a family chocolate empire after the family has some kind of problem. The first one had a feud between two sisters, the second one had an outsider ingratiate himself with the patriarch and expect to marry the boss's daughter (you help said daughter behind her father's back), and the third one is set in the aftermath of WWII. You must buy and upgrade factories, source ingredients, find or discover or invent recipes, manage your money, and so on.
- Cities In Motion
- Cities XL
- City Building Series
- The Civilization series
- Diggles: The Myth of Fenris
- Dungeon Keeper
- Dwarf Fortress
- Emperor Rise Of The Middle Kingdom
- Empire Builder
- Evil Genius
- Free Civ
- Hospital Tycoon
- Hotel Giant
- Kerbal Space Program
- Kingdom Conquest
- KZ Manager
- Mobility (obscure German game about researching the effects of various futuristic proposals on street traffic and pollution)
- Outpost 2
- The Palace Builder - build and landscape for ancient regime'' nobles.
- Patrician (crosses this with merchant/trading game)
- Pharaoh (like Caesar but in Egypt)
- Railroad Tycoon
- Red March
- Restaurant Empire
- Rock Raiders
- Rollercoaster Tycoon
- Royal Envoy - direct rebuilding of communities after a major storm.
- 7 Days to Die
- Sid Meier's SimGolf
- Sim Safari
- The Sims franchise can be played as this.
- Space Run
- Theme Hospital
- Theme Park
- Transport Tycoon
- Westward series of Casual Video Games—borderline combat-heavy
- Wettlauf Ins All
- Winemaker - Inherit grandfather's vineyard, gather pieces of a family blend recipe, buy supplies, grow and harvest grapes, make wine, fill orders, reassemble estranged members of an international winemakers' guild.
- Zoo Tycoon