Video Game: Impire
Impire is a dungeon management style of game in the Majesty universe.Pit lord Baal Abaddon has been getting bored of torturing the inhabitants of his bottomless pit and is quite pleased to be summonned to Ardania. Unfortunately he has been summonned by the worst demonologist of all time. Stuck in the body of an imp, he has to assist his new master in his quest to conquer a small portion of daddy's kingdom and take revenge on people who were mean to him. But at least it's not boring, and at least he can always eat his master if it does get too boring.
This game provides examples of:
- Evil Is One Big Happy Family: FAKE certainly give the impression of thinking this way. Oscar disagrees and, notably, so does the lord of the bottomless pit.
- Freudian Excuse: Oscar, the demonologist, is the son of the adviser from Majesty 2. When you meet a character who asks you to do a sidequest that they need doing because their parents have thrown them out, Oscar suddenly turns sympathetic.
- Fun with Acronyms: The Faculty of Abysmal and Kataclysmic Evil.
- Insane Troll Logic: FAKE constantly complain that your evil crusade is making the world a better place. Examples include that murdering orphans has reduced the strain on the charity that was feeding them, or that attacking a church has made it less likely they'll choose to torture heretics.
- A Load of Bull: It's Ardania, of course there are minotaurs.
- Love Potion: Part of Oscar's genius plan involves marrying a princess. Obviously he needs magic to make this happen.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Oscar, not listening, doesn't realise that you already have one (Baal Abaddon anybody?) so instead decides he needs to pick one for you. He decides Death Slayer is the perfect name.
- Not Listening to Me, Are You?: Oscar never listens to a word Baal says, so as the game progresses Baal becomes ever more open about considering Oscar a snack for later.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: FAKE don't like you because some of the people you horribly murder are evil, so surely that makes you good.
- Punny Name: Several, the first enemy you target is called Malister Cruelly.
- Quit Your Whining: Oscar loves to bemoan what a cruel and unforgiving place Ardania is. To someone who just recently arrived from hell.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Quite a few of the mission briefings.Your advisor is yet to tell you how to pull that off, and judging by appearances the reason for his secrecy may very well be that he has not got a freaking clue.
- The Starscream: Baal makes no secret that he plans to kill and eat Oscar when he's ready. Fortunately Oscar never listens to him anyway.
- World of Ham
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: FACE wasn't good enough for an evil organisation so they spelled Cataclysmic with a K.