Like this, only with a 2 on the end.
Memories are echos of the heart.
Kingdom Hearts Coded 2
is the sequel to Kingdom Hearts Coded
, the most popular game
in the Kingdom Hearts
series. Like the previous game, it follows the adventures of Data Sora, a computerized version of Sora living inside Jiminy's Journal.
Shortly after the Mark of Mastery exam in Kingdom Hearts 3D
, Mickey returns to Disney Castle and finds that new worlds have mysteriously appeared in the data world. He sends Data Sora to find the truth, which involves another mysterious message telling Data Sora to find the "Four Holy Keys". As Data Sora heads out, he finds a new type of enemy called a Viral has appeared in the Datascape. As well, a mysterious cloaked figure called the "Cloak of God" has appeared to wreak havoc.
Kingdom Hearts Coded 2
allows for the collecting of Unversed, Heartless and Virals on your team, similar to how Dream Eaters fight alongside you in Kingdom Hearts 3D
Compare Kingdom Hearts 359 Days Over 2
For more, click here: note
This game contains examples of:
- A God I Am: Vanitas after obtaining the X-Blade again.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: You can play as both Data Sora and Data Kairi.
- In the ending you play as Sora and have to defeat Data Sora and the other boss fights after the Point of No Return because Data Sora went mad with power.
- Ascended Meme: The English translation of the shark-like Heartless Boss is "Card Shark", which the fandom called it after it appeared right after Luxord in a trailer montage. The journal entry even says that it serves Luxord.
- Back from the Dead: Data Namine has somehow returned and is helping out Data Kairi. It's due to Vanitas messing around with the Datascape.
- Big Bad Ensemble: We have The Lord of Keys who controls the Virals, the Cloak of God who controls the Disney villains, and Vanitas, who was manipulating Data Sora the whole time.
- Bonus Boss: Gilgamesh
- Chekhov's Gun: Kite telling Data Sora and Data Kairi about the net slums helps them get to Neo Data City.
- Deadpan Snarker: Vanitas. He actually names the worlds Some Africa Place and Rawr Town.
- Disc One Final Boss: The Cloak of God. You've beaten The Lord of Keys and the Disney Villains, but, then Vanitas steps in as the Big Bad.
- Ending Theme: Used for a fake out right before the God Viral fight, Habataku Kimi e by Sugawara Sayuri plays as Data Sora and Data Kairi take a breath but if you've unlocked the Golden Ending it doesn't even get to the second verse before the God Hand attacks them. After they beat him, the usual Hikari plays.
- Exposition Fairy: Vanitas serves as one for Data Sora, but he's not doing it for benevolent purposes.
- Data Kairi has Data Namine guiding her.
- Expy: Hawk is basically Phoenix Wright plus Neku plus goggles and green hair.
- Fighting Your Friend: Sora fighting a Vanitas-possessed Kairi.
- Final Boss: The Lord Virals piloted by Vanitas and Xemnas.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: Vanitas and Kairi have one, which allows Vanitas to get the X-Blade and escape into the real world.
- Fusion Dance: On Data Sora's first visit to Traverse Town, Vanitas combines with him, letting him control Unversed.
- Gender Bender: Vanitas ends up in Kairi's body and vice versa.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Hawk's goggles. Well actually they let him see Vanitas within Data Sora.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: The Virals, Unversed and Heartless.
- Grand Theft Me: Vanitas steals Kairi's body.
- At the end Xehanort prepares to do the same to Data Sora.
- Flunky Boss: The Lord of Waves sends out weaker Virals to do his dirt work for him.
- Mind Screw: Even more so than Kingdom Hearts 3D, especially when the X-Blade sends Data Sora into the real world.
- Data Sora's flashback/nightmare where everyone turns into Xehanort and keyblades fall from the sky.
- Mind Rape: Happens to Data Riku when the Lord of Keys turns him into a Keyblade.
- Mirror Boss: Sora Vs. Data Sora, where the aim of the battle is to grab X-Blade and use it's power to stop the other combatant.
- One-Winged Angel: Vegeta and Freiza, like in the anime.
- The Lord of Keys, who becomes a dragon.
- Power Gives You Wings: Once Data Sora takes the X-Blade from Vanitas, he grows a pair of angel wings.
- Reality Warper: The Lord of Keys after turning Riku into a Kyeblade.
- Remember the New Guy: Data Kairi has always been on Destiny Islands, why do you ask? Okay, it's due to Vanitas messing with the data, but still.
- The Reveal: Quite a few of them.
- Hawk is actually a former trainee of Master Eraquas whose mind was put into the Datascape.
- Vanitas changed the Datascape so that he could set himself free.
- The Cloak of God is actually a failed attempt to create a clone of Sora and Xehanort combined into one.
- The Rival: Hawk, who wants to be the best at taming monsters, is this to Data Sora.
- Scaled Up: Maleficent and The Lord of Keys.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Vanitas was sealed in the Data Traverse Town by Namine and Axel until Sora set him free by accident.
- Seven Deadly Sins: Each of the Lord Virals (the boss Virals), plus the Lord of Keys, represent one, as confirmed by Nomura.
- Sloth: Lord of Waves, who sits around the whole battle doing next to nothing.
- Pride: Lord of Keys, who insists that he can't be beaten.
- Gluttony: Lord of Flames. He even has an attack where he eats Data Sora!
- Lust: Lord of Clouds, who keeps coming on to Data Kairi.
- Envy: Lord of Ashes, who is envious of the Lord of Keys and tries to steal his power.
- Avarice: Lord of Stone, who has a massive horde.
- Wrath: Lord of Steel, who frequently goes into rage mode.
- Shout-Out: Vegeta hopes he isn't haunted by Nappa's ghost.
- The Starscream: Lord of Ashes, who keeps trying to knock off the Lord of Keys.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Vanitas to Data Sora. There's even a cutscene where Vanitas takes control and blows up a pirate ship.
- Talking to Himself: Sora, Data Sora, and Vanitas.
- Trailers Always Lie: The world's title and the trailers made it look like the Dragon Ball Z world would take place entirely on Namek. It actually covers the Saiya Saga and the Frieza Saga.
- True Final Boss: After a long series of battles, The God Viral, a combination of all Lord Virals piloted by both Vanitas and Xemnas is the finale.
- Unexpected Character:
- The Cloak of God brings Disney villains with him, even when their worlds aren't in the game. This includes Frollo, Gaston, Doctor Doom, and The Horned King. And all of them are bosses.
- Videogame Settings: All 13 worlds (in order of first visit) represent at least one:
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Data Sora and Vanitas seem to be this way.