Western Animation / The Jungle Book
The Jungle Book
is an Indian 3D CGI animated television series. This series is based on the original book
by Rudyard Kipling
(If you came here looking for the 1967 Disney animation, that's at Disney.TheJungleBook
This series contations ecamples of:
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Baloo wears glasses in this show.
- Adaptational Badass: Shere Khan is not crippled in this adaption and is feared by many animals.
- Adaptational Villainy: Downplayed. Kaa occasionally antagonizes Mowgli and others in few episodes, but he often allies with them just like in the original book.
- Amnesiacs Are Innocent: Shere Khan in "Kitty Kat Khan".
- Big Bad: Shere Khan.
- Big Brother Instinct: Mowgli for his wolf siblings in "Darzi's Waterfall Rescue" and "Blood Brothers".
- Bratty Half-Pint: Mowgli can act as one in few episodes.
- Butt Monkey: Tabaqui.
- Composite Character: Bala and Lali are probably based on Grey Brother.
- Children Are Innocent: Ponya is this. She is sweet, friendly and have child like personality.
- The Dragon: Tabaqui.
- Grumpy Old Man: Kaa acts as one in most of the episodes.
- Forgetful Jones: Darzi has incredibly terrible memory.
- Jerkass: Shere Khan, Jacala and Phaona are main examples. Mowgli also can act as one seen in "Sleeping Python", "Mowgli's Sparklie" and "The Rubber Ball".
- Karma Houdini: Ikki manages to avoid anything after she spread rumors about Mowgli being a coward in "Human After All" and in the end she spreads rumors on Bagheera being a coward.
- Noble Wolf: Mowgli's wolf family, except for Phaona.
- Pet the Dog: Strangely enough Jacala does this toward Mowgli after later pulls his bad teeth and even defend him from Shere Khan.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Phaona in "The Race".