was an NES
game scheduled to be released in 1986. For better or for worse, this game never saw the release and allegedly was lost for future generations. Only 5-minutes-long gameplay video was recovered and uploaded on YouTube
The game takes place in bright colorful world, where unnamed cook is trying to get a leper colony to get treatment before it's too late. To do so, he has to avoid multiple enemies and devious traps.
Yeah, it's not a real game. But it could be.
This game provides us examples of following tropes:
- All Deserts Have Cacti: And said cacti are after you.
- Big Bulky Bomb
- Bottomless Pits
- Bring My Brown Pants: Right before the Big Bulky Bomb explodes.
- Chest Monster: Boxer glove pops out of treasure chest and kills cook.
- Drugs Are Bad: Rare example when it was done right. Green mushroom makes you feel like you're king of the world, but then you hit bottom of Bottomless Pit.
- Downer Ending: Cook never reached Leper colony (Unless it was just a Bad Ending).
- Driven to Suicide: Cook hangs himself when faced unwinnable situation.
- Electrified Bathtub: Someone decided to throw a TV on the ocean.
- Enemy Mime: Eventually used as a superpower.
- Everything Is Trying to Kill You: Oh yes. Ducks, mimes, descending celling, TV dropped in water, shells throwing pearl on you, cloud are falling on you and trees eat you.
- Harmless Freezing: Averted, when water freezes arond you - you die.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Cook's cakes can kill him if they are deflected.
- Guns Akimbo: Ghost used it.
- Improbable Weapon User: Cook throws cakes to kill enemies.
- Kung-Fu Proof Mook: Some enemies are immune to cake throwing.
- Leap of Faith: Cook took one, but it Gone Horribly Wrong.
- Mad Scientist: Doctor Wiley in tank.
- Naked People Are Funny: And they die of embarrassment.
- Nintendo Hard
- Non-Indicative Name: Unless Hitler is a mastermind behind all the horror protagonist faces, there is no Hitler in a game and no revenge.
- Orbital Shot: One when cook was trapped in burp bubble and leaved atmosphere.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: They shoot you with guns (and one of them looks like Kurt Russell).
- Platform Hell
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Cook when he sees the mime.
- Shout-Out: A handful of them, such as blocks and mushrooms from Super Mario Bros., enemies from Bubble Bobble, the "Winners don't use Drugs" message and even a enemy type reminiscent of character from early developments of first Sonic the Hedgehog game.
- Trial-and-Error Gameplay: How was player supposed to know that there is grinder behind door?
- Videogame Cruelty Punishment: Angry momma penguin arrives after you killed her children.
- Wheel o' Feet: Cook makes one before he jumps over the widest Bottomless Pit.
- Winged Soul Flies Off at Death: One type of death.
- X-Ray Sparks