Funny: The Blacklist
open/close all folders
- Almost all of Red's one-liners. Most of the viewers watch the show because of it. There's a compilation of his best lines so far.
- The pilot episode where Tom and Liz were greeted by several FBI agents outside their residence when they drove in from FBI Headquarters that the latter said that she didn't need to hitch a ride with her husband.
- When Reddington was injected with a tracking device, he says "Ouch" in a bored tone like it's a normal routine for him.
- Anslo Garrick, in a brief cross into Laughably Evil:
Tom: Who the hell is this?
- Firmly cementing his status as a Magnificent Bastard: after forcing Harold to open the box, Red waits calmly until it has retracted all the way, adjusts his shirt and takes a step off the base of the cell before looking up and reacting in surprise, as if he had just noticed that he was surrounded by gunmen, hostages, and Anslo Garrick.
Red: Anslo, what are you doing here?
- A few of the moments from Red's Roaring Rampage of Revenge manage to come across as this:
Red: "Oh, the suspense is killing me!" (shoots the guy in the chest)
- After dousing a money launderer in vodka, he sticks a lit cigar in his mouth... and then decides he's taking too long to catch fire.
Red: "Janice, my sincerest apologies. I'll take a rain check on the stroganoff. It smells delicious."Red (after locking a freaked out Janice in the closet): If you don't stop screaming, I'll have to shoot through this closet door, and that's going to suck 'cause I'll have no idea what I'm shooting at.
- His interactions with Janice, Henry's (the banker's) wife, especially his exasperation at her constant screaming, eventually tossing her into the closet. Red even said sorry for ruining the dinner.
- Red casually swinging on a swingset in "General Ludd."
- This from "The Cyprus Agency":
Evil Cornered Lawyer: "The truth is, the agency is-" (immediately gets hit by a random bus)
- Have you ever wanted to see Raymond Reddington act like a Camp Gay? "Madeline Pratt" grants your wish, where he does this to distract a guard and rescue a tied-up Liz, by among other things, claiming she's Bashir al-Assad's mistress.
Keen: What the hell was that?Reddington: I don't know, it just felt right.
- There's something inherently funny about Lance Reddick dressed as a cowboy.
Reddington: Why?Cowboy: Because I don't like you. And that hat makes your head look stupid.Reddington: Finally, the pot meets the kettle.
- Red sarcastically complimenting him on his hat, telling him it takes "a certain kind of man" to wear it.
- The final exchange between the two, when Reddick's character says he's going to charge Reddington double for dealing with Jolene.
- The unusual sight of Dembe eating ice cream while surrounded by a huge stash of weed.
- In a previous episode, Dembe randomly complimenting the color of Lizzie's kitchen.
- This gem:
"Dembe, get the hacksaw; we're gonna have to take this guy outta here in pieces."
- While Red is talking to an associate as the latter swims in his pool, Red has this gem:
Reddington: I was a lifeguard my junior year in high school. Had to give CPR to Mrs. Beerman...she coughed up a lungful of corn beef and chlorine and I haven't been in a pool since.
- Made even funnier when the associate responds "I'm sorry, weren't you in the Navy?"
- Red breaks into the Russian Ambassador's quarters and is found holding the man's adorable little dog in one arm and a knife in the opposite hand. When the Ambassador angrily warns Red that he will die if the little dog is hurt, Red pretends to be offended at the suggestion that he would hurt a dog, goes to give the little dog a kiss... and then tosses the knife straight into the Ambassador's leg.
- Reddington's "negotiation" with Yaabari in "Lord Baltimore", which include air strikes on his camp in Cameroon. All without being nervous.
- In "Monarch Douglas Bank", Red and Dembe go to visit a baker who also happens to be an arms dealer... and who dotes on Dembe like he's her favorite grandson.
- Reddington's comments about Vargas in "Dr. James Covington". According to him, he resembles someone from a Humphrey Bogart movie.
- Ressler telling Liz that he's Crazy-Prepared to have a spare key in case of emergencies. The said key being a crowbar.
- Mr. Kaplan working on an impromptu autopsy at the grave of a victim as if it was a daily routine for her. Liz kept her nose covered due to the stench.
- Reddington trying to avoid getting Haskel mad over a Noodle Incident in "Dr. Linus Creel" that involves the latter waking up in a hotel room without any memory of how he got there.
- Luther Braxton and Red discussing philosophical quotes.
Red: A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.Braxton: Is that Nietzsche?Red: No, Bruce Lee.
- Samar teases Aram near the end of "Deer Hunter" by telling him that he's still sexy even if he goes bald. Aram denies it at all.
- Crosses into Black Comedy when Reddington shoots Earl in "T. Earl King VI" with a revolver his two sons were using for Russian roulette since it previously failed to fire.
Red: (After shooting Earl) Oh, my God. What are the odds?
Liz: I always thought you just had allergies.
- Earlier in the same episode, Elizabeth gets a call from Tom, who ends up giving her some pointers about going undercover, like pretending to sneeze if someone asks a question that might trip her up.
- When Liz was interrogated by a judge on the cases Reddington worked on in "The Major".
Judge: How many of these cases has Reddington given you?[Montage of cases Liz and the Task Force has worked on]Liz: He keeps us busy.
- Aram hugging Ressler at the end of "Arioch Cain". Ressler warns him not to do it again over a misunderstanding when ADA Reven Wright thought that they were having a Ho Yay moment.