Funny: The Berenstain Bears
- One of the chapter books has the students get back at the principal for setting a new dress code. They decide to violate the dress code without actually breaking anything. The dress code says no blue jeans, Ain't No Rule about GREEN Jeans... The Dress code says no Superman capes. This is a Batman cape. The principal promptly throws a tantrum and installs an Obvious Rule Patch on the very first day.
- At the debate on the dress code in the end, the argument the students have prepared is...a slide show on the fashions the adults were into back in their day. Even better, it focuses on the biggest supporters of the dress code; Papa Bear in Ti-dye wear, Ms. Giltch in a mini-skirt, and Vice-principle Grizzmyer in a zoot suit, chain-and-watch included.
The Hanna-Barbera series:
- The 1985 TV adaptation of "The Messy Room" has some pretty funny moments even though Mama may be at her worst; one moment of perfectly timed comic relief is when, after screaming at the cubs about being "No More Mrs. Nice Guy", she claims she is putting her foot down, which she does... Onto Brother's model plane cement. Naturally, Brother tries to lighten up the situation from it.
- Of course, Mama's blowup is hilariously over-the-top in and of itself, with even the spider inhabitants running in terror.
- Papa Bear uncovering the cubs' lie in "Tell the Truth". They invent a story where a bird flew in the house and knocked over the lamp but Papa sees right through it:
Papa: Or was it a white bird with black spots, like that soccer ball underneath my easy chair?
The Nelvana series:
- "Go Up And Down", from Papa almost driving off without taking the cubs and the fishing equipment to him having to repeatedly go up and down a long set of stairs to get whatever equipment they might need which quickly wears him out.
(Papa and the cubs sit down in a rowboat, without oars)Papa: Let me guess. The oars are back up at the cottage.Lizzy: Uh-huh.(Papa groans wearily)